Vikklan- Jokes Part 3

Vikk's P.O.V.

Despite everything that Lachlan had been through, it only took a few weeks before he was back to his happy, bouncy self, always willing to help me out. I could tell that it wasn't entirely back to normal and there were times he was still upset, but whenever I asked about him he directed the question away from himself or flat out ignored it.

We were lying together, side by side at 2am with the both of us awake for some reason, when I mentioned coming out to my other closest friends. I was hoping for some advice from him, how I should do it, when I should do it and more importantly, how I should gather up the courage to even think about coming out.

"I'm not really sure..." He replied, looking over at me. "It's up to you, whatever way you think is good and whenever you're ready. That's not a decision for me to make."

I knew that it was true, that it was my decision to make and not his, but it still didn't stop my yearning for some advice. My heart was pounding in my chest because I was so nervous just thinking about it and it was difficult not knowing if I was ready, or the others were ready for me, to come out.

Lachlan saw my nervous look and my leg bouncing on the bed and spoke up again.

"I think the rest of the Pack would be a good place to start. Mitch and Jerome are gay as hell and no one really cares about it, so I think they'll all be fine. They're open about most things, so they probably won't mind that you're trans either." He paused.

"Are you out to them?" I asked, realising I had no idea. He shook his head. "Are you going to?"

"Sure, why not. Can't really get any worse." He said sadly, several emotions flickering across his face as he remembered exactly what his parents had done to him. I hated it because I knew what he was feeling as he thought about his parents and wanted to do nothing more than cuddle him until he was better again.

"Lachy..." He sighed, covering his face with his hand.

"I know, I know." He mumbled. "I know I shouldn't be so pessimistic but I can't help it. It's my way of coping." He said it so sadly that I just rolled over and wrapped my arms around his waist, burying my head in his shoulder. He sighed and practically deflated, closing his eyes. "Thanks Vikky."

I hummed in reply and tightened my grip on him, squeezing him tightly. It was only a few minutes before the both of us were fast asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I was practically vibrating with nervousness as Lachlan sat beside me, a call organized with the other members of the Pack. He was squeezing my hand out of view of the camera and although I was nervous, I could tell that he was even more so than me, especially after what had happened with his parents.

"Ready?" He whispered as the call came through, the others already online. I took in a shuddering breath.

"Yeah." I mumbled back, answering the call with a feeling of dread in my chest.

"Hey guys!" Mitch said brightly, sitting solidly in Jerome's lap on his end of the call. Both of them were smiling and happy, albeit tired.

Preston and Rob were separate, Preston in Texas and Rob all the way up in Canada, but they were both grinning and laughing at something on their phones, probably their texts between each other. Both looked exactly the same as they had the last time I had talked to them, a few weeks earlier.

"What's up you two?" Rob asked curiously, raising one eyebrow. "You've called us all here, why?"

Lachlan and I looked at each other, our eyes wide, my heart pounding out of my chest and his hands trembling like an earthquake, and I opened my mouth.