Vikklan- Electricity

Vikk's P.O.V.

I knew he was in quite a bit of pain and from his slow swaying from side to side, his head dipping every few moments, I could tell it was getting worse and worse with every passing minute. I couldn't trust him to hold pressure on the wound with his shaking fingers so with one hand clamped down on the cloth as tight as I could I was moving around the kitchen with him following, grabbing the first aid kit, an ice pack and a blanket so he could bite down on it- this next bit was going to be painful.

When Lachlan finally stumbled, his legs almost giving out from underneath him, I rushed him to sit at the table, carrying everything with me. We barely made it and the second he was sitting down his legs completely collapsed, a low gasp passing from his lips through gritted teeth.

"Sorry Lachy..." I whispered, letting him rest against me to keep his head up for a moment. "I know this is going to hurt."

"Just get it over with." He groaned, tensing up as I released the pressure for just a moment to check the wound- yes, still bad, still bleeding heavily, still deep enough that I internally gagged. Lachlan only cringed, watching as a small dribble of blood that had escaped the cloth ran down his arm.

There was a tingle of electricity beneath my fingertips, ready to be released when I commanded it. I was hesitant to do so, cauterizing the wound would be incredibly painful and although I knew it was necessary to save his life, we didn't have any medical supplies, the scar would likely stay forever and the memory of the pain would too.

As I set myself up to close the wound Lachlan turned his head away, slowly biting down on the blanket to stop himself from screaming. His hand was already clenched but that didn't last long because the second my fingers touched his skin he jolted, the muscles in his hand and arm spasming quite violently.

His fingers twitched uncontrollably and even though I was trying to hurry as fast as I could, it didn't take long before Lachlan's chest was heaving with pain, the spastic muscle contractions getting worse and worse. Even though the blanket, which muffled his voice, I heard his low groan of pain.

The wound was half closed, the blood flow slowing, when Lachlan finally cried out through the blanket, wrenching his hand from my grasp. Tears streamed down his cheeks, his chest heaving with pain and his cries stuttering as he sobbed, to which I struggled to calm him.

"It's alright, it's okay Lachlan, I'm almost done."

Somehow Lachlan managed to keep himself together while I sealed the rest of the wound, the twitching getting worse until almost all of his upper body was convulsing. He was barely staying upright, the sobbing getting worse.

When I was done I pulled my hand away, exclaiming thankfully and Lachlan finally just completely broke down, the pain overwhelming him. I took a moment to make sure I wasn't going to electrocute him before moving in to hug him tightly, letting him bury his head in my shoulder.

"It's okay, it's over. It's over."

He didn't speak for another minute but when he did his voice was low and full of fury, still thick with tears.

"You better pray." He seethed, clenching his fists. "I swear to god Vikk, never do that again."

"I know, I really don't want to." I whispered back, letting his head fall forwards onto my shoulder. He was still shaking with pain and it didn't take long for Lachlan to drift off into an uncomfortable and uneasy sleep, his arm still spasming from the electric currents. I hated doing it, but he would have bled out without my intervention.

I gently tucked Lachlan's head into my shoulder but let him sleep, not wanting to disturb him. He was exhausted and weak from blood loss and wracked with pain by my own hand, something I didn't want to think about, and I understood that all he wanted to do was sleep, to get it all out of his system.

Pressing a gentle kiss to Lachlan's forehead I leaned back in my chair, closing my eyes. It was anything but comfortable, but it was enough.

------------------------------------------------------------

I fell asleep at some point too, my head slipping onto my chest as exhaustion took over and by the time I was woke up the sun was streaming in through the half open curtains. I squinted in the light but it didn't seem to be bothering Lachlan- he was still fast asleep, tiny snores falling from his mouth each time he breathed.

Before I woke him up I leaned down and checked his arm, cringing at the huge scar. It was almost 5 inches long and was still red and inflamed from my electrocution but it was no longer bleeding, and it was no longer at risk of infection, which was a great relief. He would remember the pain forever, but it had undoubtedly saved his life.

"Mornin' Lachy." I whispered, leaning down to press a kiss to his forehead as he stirred. He squinted and groaned, rolling over and almost preceding to fall off the chair in the process, my hands just able to catch him. He pouted, just closing his eyes again.

"Mornin'." He mumbled, raising his arm up to stare at the scar. His eyes widened. "Woah."

"Yeah, woah." I sighed. "Look... god, I'm just so sorry that I had to do that and that scar is probably going to st-"

"Vikky." He said with a smile, leaning back to look me in the eyes. "It's alright. You did what you had to do, and I don't blame you for that."

He leaned up and pecked my lips, a light blush spreading over his cheeks.

"I'd never blame you for it."

I sighed happily, leaning back down to close the gap between our lips. The kiss was gentle, passionate, and Lachlan kissed right back, his hand resting behind me neck.

"I love you Vikky, know that."

"And I love you too." I replied, smiling. "Know that too."