Vikklan- Talkative

Vikk's P.O.V.

I used to be happy and talkative, but that was a long time and now that was memory. Before middle school I was a bright and happy child, I was talkative and never shy around anyone, making friends left and right and talking my teachers' ears off, but then something changed.

Middle school completely crushed me. I was the nerd, the one who could get good grades without really trying and because of that, I was the target of most bullies. I was small, almost all of the other boys were a few inches taller than me at least, I wasn't athletic and wasn't able to fight back, making them tease me relentlessly.

By the time I got to highschool I didn't say a word to anyone. Any friends I might have had had all left me behind in the dust and I was all alone as I moved into the newest stage of my life, lost and terrified. I didn't know what to do.

My family was barely in the picture, I didn't have any siblings and my parents were hardly ever around, mum worked 8 hours a day and then spent another 4 or 5 gambling away the money she had earned. Dad... well he wasn't even in the country. My parents were divorced and dad had moved from London to the USA and I hadn't seen him for a few years. He sent money back occasionally as child support but that money was always gambled away.

After a year of high school, something changed. I noticed a new student after the first term and although I didn't normally pay any attention to new students, this one was different. He sat beside me in a lot of classes and occasionally asked me questions, even though I couldn't answer him.

He was cute to say the least, tall and blonde and handsome and his accent was the most adorable thing because it was a thick Australian one and he stuttered shyly when he spoke in front of a big group. His name was Lachlan as he had told me and I flushed red every time he spoke to me.

It took a few months before I started to trust him but after that we became fast friends and it wasn't long before I felt like I had known him my whole life. He worked around the fact that I couldn't talk, I wrote down what I wanted to say and he learned my basic version of sign to allow me to communicate without having to write it all.

He protected me from the bullying, stood by my side when I needed it the most and was just in general one of the best people I could ask for to be my friend. We were so close that we barely left each others sides and for the first time in my short life, I felt safe.

I felt loved and cherished, safe and in a place where I could be okay. I was okay.

--------------------------------------------------

"Morning silencieux." Lachlan smiled, side hugging me as he walked up to me before school. "How are you this morning? Ready for a long day?"

I smiled and nodded, my energy having come back as soon as he stepped into my line of sight. That was what he did to me, he re-energized me and made me come alive again.

We had our inside jokes, he often called me silent or mute, muet, in French as a form of endearment or greeting and I knew he didn't mean anything by it. It was just one of our jokes and I didn't mind it, I loved it in fact because they were cute little nicknames.

The bell rung and Lachlan kissed the side of my head, as a friend and nothing more, running off to class at the other end of the school.

"Later Vikky!" He yelled, turning back. "See you after class!"

Lachlan's P.O.V.

I was waiting at our usual spot at lunch but Vikk just didn't seem to show up. I waited 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, but he still didn't show up and eventually I started to get worried because he was never normally this late. Was he hurt?

I almost ran towards where he had his last class, art, and stopped to check other classrooms on the way to make sure he wasn't in there, and he wasn't. I almost ran past the bathrooms but I stopped for a second, my feet stuttering as I realised that he could be in there. I pushed open the door, only looking to make sure there were no stalls shut.

I wasn't expecting what I actually saw.

Vikk was sprawled on the ground, one leg inside a stall and there was blood everywhere. There was blood pouring from a head wound, blood pouring from a cut in his stomach and yet another one on his leg, making me scream.

"Vikk! Oh my God! Vikk!" I scrambled to his side and rolled him over, he was completely limp on the ground, unconscious and nothing seemed to stir, my voice or my touch included. "Please..." I whimpered. "Please Vikk, please... wake up!"

I rushed him home as soon as I could, I knew the school wouldn't help us. They wanted to ignore the bullying that was happening, pretend that there weren't bullies and that they were the greatest school ever for every student.

The wounds weren't as bad as I originally thought they were, the head wound was actually small but because it was on his head it just bled a lot, and the other wounds were big, but weren't quite as bad as the bruises on his body, which were huge and colourful and very painful looking.

I laid him on my bed, bandaging up his wounds and making sure he was comfortable before moving away to take a breather. I was scared and completely in shock, who the hell could have done this to him and then left him bleeding out on the floor of the bathroom with no care in the world. How?

I buried my head in my hands and just sat there, dizzy and still in shock. I wanted to put my life on pause for a little while, while I tried to sort everything out and make sure that Vikk was okay.

But I only had a few minutes before Vikk cried out from the bedroom, his voice cracking from misuse and full of fear, panic and pain. I ran to him and found him sitting up on the bed, flailing around, his breathing heavy and panicked and his eyes unseeing.

This time he screamed out stutteringly, both of his hands covering his head and I could tell he was in immense pain. I scrambled to his side and pulled him into my chest, feeling his fingers scrabbling around my shirt as he tried to pull away from me.

"Hey Vikk, shhhh, shhhh, it's okay, you're okay!" I cried, holding him close as he tried to fight his way out of my arms. "It's me Vikk! It's Lachlan!"

He wasn't breathing properly, his breaths were coming in sharp gasps that hardly brought any air into his lungs which only made him panic more because he couldn't breathe. His arms flailed and he was crying, scared and panicked.

The only thing I could think of to do was to press my lips to his, which seemed to snap him out of his panic. He jolted, his eyes widening but once he started breathing through his nose he calmed, falling limp in my arms and his breathing calmer.

I pulled away and gently ran my thumb over his cheek, making sure he was looking at me.

"Is that better?" I whispered and he nodded, wincing a little in pain. "Sore?" Another nod.

I sighed and pulled him up on my lap, wrapping my arms around his waist, letting him rest his head in the crook of my neck.

"You're alright." I mumbled. "You're alright."