Chapter 33: Echoes

Sophie's POV:

Huh, funny. About a year ago, it was the girls that I dated were crying because I would end the relationship but now, I found myself with red puffy eyes, runny nose and isolated in my room for a whole day.

My plans? Stay isolated in this room for the rest of my life.

You know, I knew something bad was going to happen between us because there's not a perfect couple in this world who'll never fight or ague unless, they're not really inlove with eachother. And that's sad to think that they don't really love eachother but they're still together when they can come out from the relationship and find their true love.

My stomach's crying out for food but I don't know whether it's the laziness that's stopping me to eat

or the fact that I wanna starve myself to hunger.

I've never been broken before like I am now. I've always been strong and brave but now, I felt weak and useless.

I pick out a blade underneath my notebook, a really sharp blade that I wish, will take the pain that I feel inside go away. Even just for a second.

Knock Knock

There, another knock on my door. I haven't opened it since yesterday after crying my heart out from pain, from a broken heart.

Hundreds of texts and missed calls flooded my phone and I didn't even dared to open it. Too painful.

Knock Knock

"Sophie?" Looks like Madison is going to try to make me open the door. "Listen, I know it's hard for you"

"Wow" I hear another voice, I think it was Eva.

"But it's harder for us to see you like this" Madison says concerned

I held the other side of the blade and slowly piercing it deeply into my skin. Ahh, it feels so good. I watch the blood goes out from my veins, there wasn't alot going out and that's when I pierce it more deeply. Ugh, the pain, it feels good in a different way.

"Sophie!" Eva and Madison yelled. "If you're not going out, I'm going to call the cops" Eva threatened and that's when I feared.

Eva never joked things like that, I remembered 5 years ago, there was a teen in his 18's that scared us with his dog, Eva didn't hesitated and called immediately the cops.

I pick up my jacket and hid it. Good thing, my jacket was black, the blood wouldn't get seen. I twist the door and opened it with a forced smile. "What?" I coldly asked, whoah, unexpected.

The pain from my wound starts to worsen, I bit my lips to prevent yelping from pain.

"Just want to check you out" Clara says. We all look at her weirdly. "No, not check you out as in checking you out but checking you out to check out how you feel"

We all mouthed an 'Ohhh'. "I'm fine" I lied. I didn't want to look weak infront of them. I was always the strong one in the group and in this house and I don't want them to see me like this; Weak and Suffering.

"We know you're not" Ugh! I groan. "Sophie, you do know tomorrow's Monday and you--"

"Yeah, yeah. Tomorrow's Monday but I ain't going to school. Got it!?" I told them harshly. They nodded slowly.

"If you need anything then you--"

"Then I'll just call you so yeah, got it. Bye!" I push them outside and slammed the door. Fuck, I just really need some alone time. That's all.

I slid the screen of my tablet to open it. I browse it and it plays 'Wish You Were Here by Avril Lavigne'. I puffed. This song will get me sick but I guess I just want to be sick for a while.

Alexandria's POV:

Harsh. Very harsh. She just slammed the door infront of our faces!

Clara and Madison started walking downstairs, dissapointed to Sophie and so was I.

"We've been bestfriends for ages and I...I never saw her like that" Eva looks at the door sign which says, 'It's Me Sophie, Don't disturb' and with a smiley just besides it.

"I guess we all have this kind of side" I put my hand on her shoulders as a sign of comfort.

She sighs. "Better go downstairs now" She looks at  me and Olivia. We nodded and made our way downstairs.

Sophie's POV: (Monday)

I never thought how love can be so powerful

Powerful enough to break one's heart

Powerful enough to heal one's broken heart

Powerful enough to make you cry

Powerful enough to make you laugh

I sigh. Why am I even writing?

I pull up my sleeves and stare at my deep cuts. "Fuck this is gonna hurt with water"

I pick up my phone which was lying next to my bed, I opened it. Wow, hundreds and hundreds of messages and missed calls. Ninety-five percent of it are from, yeah you guessed it, Jessica.

I admit, I was being a bitch to her but this stupid fucking jealousy just controlled me over and I don't even know if that's an excuse to state.

We're still together though and yeah, I can't believe we just fought over a stupid fucking shit. She said it was just a hang-out and fuck this but I can't believe that I didn't even trusted her and now, we're in the verge of breaking up. Thanks to me *note sarcasm*

But I still don't feel like going to school. I just can't. I need to apologize at my sister and at my friends first but I have to wait until they come back from school.

Patience.

Alexandria's POV: (A Few Hours Later)

End of school! Hooray! Although, all I kept on doing was zoning out all day, thinking about random stuff like I always do.

Ms. Adams have asked me to tell Sophie to answer her calls, of which I will do only because of one thing; because they're so cute together! This school is much more exciting than my old one and I don't even care about popularity no more although it would have still been better if I was the queen bee leader but Sophie deserves it way more than me. She's just as hot as the sun.

Hopefully that one day, they'll be as perfect as the skies.

I dance my way to my car and there I see Ms. Xavier opening the door for...hm....wait, I can only see the girl's back. Ms. Xavier turned her around and kissed her forcely but I still can't see the girl's face until...

"Fuck....not her again." I cursed.

----------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

HELLOW :3 You know what?! I love y'all and thanks for the support.