Chapter 44: Researches

Jessica's POV:

"So how was college?" I asked Laura who was smiling at me seductively.

"Fine. You were the only one that made me smile today."

"How cheeky." I giggle.

She walks around my apartment, examining my photos and pictures hanging on the wall. She notices Sophie's photo and hands it down, looking at me. I cursed myself mentally. "Isn't this Sophie McCain?" She eyed me suspiciously.

"Oh, you know her?" I asked with no enthusiasm.

"Yeah, I saw her in one of the magazines that I recently read and dump into the bin." Magazines? Why? Wait, she was in a magazine?

"What magazine?" I asked curiously.

"I can't remember..." She closes her eyes, probably thinking. "But she was modeling in those pictures, so maybe she's a model."

Model? "Model?"

She nodded vigourously. "You didn't know? I mean, why d'you have a photo of her if you don't know about her?"

"Oh, one of my highschool students before gave it to me." I lied.

"Oh, okay." She hangs the photo on the wall again.

So Sophie is a model? If I can know what magazine she was in then, maybe I can find her. Does Madison or the others even know that she's a model? I need to tell them. It can only be our hope to find her.

·····

"I had a wonderful night, thanks babe." Laura kissed me, I put my hands around her waist and kissed her deeply.

I broke our kiss, saying, "Me too, I had a wonderful time with my screamer." My comment made her blush.

"Bye, see you tomorrow." She peck my lips and got off.

I closed my door and hurried up into my room to retrieve my phone. I dialed a number and waited impatiently for it to be picked up, once it did, I said, "Hey."

"Ms. Adams? Um, hey." Eva says.

"Do you have any idea of what Sophie is now?"

"Um..., she's, Sophie?"

I facepalmed myself. "No, like, what does she do for a living?"

"I have no idea d--"

"She's a model." I blurted out immediately. After that sudden outburst, there was a long silence. I waited for her to speak but it seems like she won't, "My girlfriend told me that she recognized her in a magazine when she saw a photo of Sophie in my apartment."

"Oh, wait, what? You have a girlfriend? And you have a picture of Sophie?"

I sigh. "Don't change the subject."

"Okay. Well, maybe she just confused her with someone el--"

"No because she said her full name."

"Okay and you're telling me all of this because?"

"Don't you want to see her?!" I said, kind of harshly. Oops, that seriously just came out of nowhere, I swear. "Sorry, that was unexpected from my mouth."

"It's okay and yes, I want to see her but I don't think that she wants to see us." She's right, Sophie definately cut off communication because maybe she doesn't want us to be a part of her life anymore. But then again, she has amnesia, she doesn't know a thing about her past. Or maybe Alexandria told her everything she need to know.