Chapter 40; Katie Skipped

To the girl who wanted Hayes and Katie to kiss, sorry but nope.

**Hayes' POV**

Katie left early for school.. Again. Why does she keep leaving so early, like I'm not even awake in that time.

I walk up to the school and it is so much brighter here now that, that creep with the black van is gone. Luke comes up to me and asks where's Katie? "I don't know. She leaves before I even wake up. " he looks at me concerned.

"Shouldn't you knew where she is? I mean.. she is your girlfriend" I continued emphasizing on 'is'.

He glares at me and looks forward sighing "I texted her like 5 times and she hasn't replied.

What the hell?

"I'll call my mom and see if Katie decided to turn back around cause she's still suck or something" "okay"

I pull out my phone and dial in my moms number "Hayes? What are you doing calling me right before school?" My mom says not even saying hello.

"Is Katie there?" I ask. "No, she should be in school" "well she's not, Luke tried to text her like.. A lot and she hasn't answered yet.

I could hear my mom sigh on the other line "well if you see her in school tell me-" "wait are you encouraging me to text in class?" I ask smirking.

"Watch it Hayes. No, I need to make sure cause soon we will be taking full custody of her. It will be final in a few weeks. And if she still isn't there we will have a talk when we get home"

"Wait me too?" I ask getting a little confused. "No! Now go to class" she says before hanging up. "She's actually letting you text in class??" Luke asks getting a little jealous and shocked.

"Watch it Luke" I said mimicking her. Luke chuckles as the bells rings and we go our separate ways.

-------

The final bell has rung and I haven't seen Katie all day and honestly I'm getting a little worried. I slam my locker shut and see Luke in the corner of my eye "hey" "hey" I reply "so.. Have you seen Katie?" He asks.

"How many times do I have to tell you, no" "dammit!" He slightly yells slamming the locker "Young man!" Says one of the snobby teachers Luke spins around "don't. Do that!!" She snaps.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask. "In Science, I was partnered with Katie and the assignment is due next week" "and..?" "She's not here" "well then"

For a few minutes it go kind if awkward then Luke changed the subject "hey Jake offered to pick us up, do you wanna ride?"

"Nah, I can't" I partially lied. "Why?" He whined "well I got a lot of homework and my mom is gonna flip when she finds out that Katie skipped school"

"Why did she even skip? I mean.. Doesn't she love us?" Did he really just ask me that? "What?" I ask wanting him to repeat himself.

"Doesn't she love us? Does she even care about you, Chelsea and I to even come to school today?"

"Oh" I chuckled opening the front door revealing Chelsea looking panicked, she quickly walks up to us. "Where. Is. Katie??" She asks more towards me.

"How am I supposed to know?" "She sleeps right above your head, I think you should know" "ooooo!" Luke and Jake both said in unison. Wait, where the hell did Jake even come from?

"I haven't seen her at all today, why so moody?" I ask her. "Ughhhhhhh" she stomps away getting louder and louder puller her fingers through her hair.

"Wow" Jake quickly says wide-eyed. "I know right" Luke mumbles. "I can hear you!" I snap in a joking manner and we all laugh at the realization of how crazy she looked.

Okay so I just noticed that I changed Gracies name to Chelsea so I am so so sorry about that if you were ever confused. They are the same person. To the commenters (especially the major fangirls no hate I know what its like) you guys are amazing and I love how your showing you emotions. Cause now I know how to mess with them even more. Might wanna pack some tissues and a pillow cause its coming. (I always say that but seriously though). Okay this is getting really long so baii. <3