Chapter 30; Hiding Something

**Katies POV**

I come home and i go straight to my - well - Hayes' bedroom. I walk in and he is laying there sleeping. i set my backback up on the top bunk. I sit up there for a little while when i see Hayes hair sticking up a little slowly come up more. soon i see his eyes and i stare at him blankly. he notices and pops back down like a whack-a-mole.

i sigh and hop off the bed. i head for the door and open it, i start to walk out and i hear Hayes yell behind me. "Hey! Where ya goin'?" i dont answer and just keep walking. i go down to the kitchen and grab a plate and stash Oreo's on it. I grab a cup and pour some milk. I figured Hayes would want some too so i grab another cup and fill it to the 3/4 mark.

i walk back upstairs to see Hayes lying his bed throwing a tennis ball above his head. i walk in and he drops the ball on his eye. "Ow!" he yells. i sit down on the ground and mumble "sucks for you" "huh?" he asks squinting his left eye.

"nothing" i say. he sits down across from me. "Oo! Oreo's? My favorite!" "Really? its kinda obvious" "how?" he frowns confused "because there are packs and packs and packs and " "i get it" he interupts, then chuckles.

He takes an oreo, sticks in the milk and stuffs the whole thing in his mouth. To fill the silence i ask "Hayes?" he looks up with milk dripping from his mouth. "yeah?" he says wiping it away. "how come you weren't at school today?"

**Hayes' POV**

I didnt want to tell her what happened between me and her father so i just make up some dumb story of i wasnt feeling good. she surprisingly bought it. "oh. Are you ok?" "yeah.. are you ok?" i asked thinking about what happened the other night. "What?" "you know, the.. um.. the whole car thing the other night."

"oh..yeah" she chuckled lightly and took another bite. It got a little awkward so i tried to change the subject. "So what happened at school? Did i miss anything?" she looks up and smirks amused "well.. your little girlfriend got swung at today" "by who?!" She looks around for a minute and looks back at me

She points at herself and says "me" i gasped dramatically and she starts laughing "what?! Whats so flipping funny?!" i nearly scream. "your- reaction - was price - less" she says between laughs "what?" i mumble

"Hayes! I was kidding! I wasnt the one that swung Gracie, it was some badass chick, you just dont aproach, but Gracie did." "And..?" i asked wanting her to go on. "Well they were arguing between 3rd- 4th period, Gracie pushed the girl and she swung. Thank god the Science teacher was around. I held Gracie and he held the bad one. But Gracie was fine. She just had a bloody nose. She went to the nurse, got a bandage was back to class. As for the other girl, she got suspended for 3 days"

"And how do you know all this?" She looked at me nervously. "Word gets around" she said, quickly standing up and walking out of the room. It seemed like she was hiding something.