Chapter 34; For The Sake Of My Nose

**Katie's POV**

I run out to the field and throw the ball in the air then kick it towards Cam at the goal. He dodges it cursing and falling to the ground. "Damn Katie!" Nash said surprised. I nod my head slowly smirking trying to look boss and Cameron tries to kick it back as hard but I hit it with my head. I run around the field dribbling the ball "AAAAAND" I hear a voice coming closer then Hayes kicking the ball saying YEET.

"Awhaha yeaaahhh" Carter says and chases the ball with Matt and Nash following close behind basically arm wrestling seeing who could get in front. He kicks the ball hard towards the goal but Cameron catches it and throws it to Jake. Jake dribbles the ball around but Luke catches up and kicks it towards me and I kick it straight into the goal.

After a while of playing we all get tired and decide to go up the hill to a restaurant. Luke and I were talking but Hayes seemed to be quiet and grumpy so I run up to him and bump his shoulder "hey grumps" he looks down at me and his face gets a little brighter and he sticks his tongue out. "Ditto Benjamin" "hey!" He says playfully pushing me. "So" luke says coming up and putting his arm around my shoulder. "Whatcha talking about?" "Not much, just- DAIRY QUEEN" Hayes says running into the building, all of us close after.

We all got blizzards and sat at one giant table. After, we all walked home to our separate houses. Hayes and I walked in and run to his room to play Call Of Duty. I was winning, but Hayes was challenging. I got a call and answered it while walking out.

Me: hello?

Unknown: it's so good to hear you're voice again..

Me: uhh who is this?

I said getting a little nervous

Unknown: I'm the man who fathered you dammit!

He yelled. I gulped and it got silent, I wanted to cry but I tried to hold it back.

Me: why are you calling now?

Dad: I miss you

Me: what do you want?!

Dad: come home

Me: no

Dad: NOW!

Me: no!

I hung up the phone and went into the bathroom to cry. After a minute Hayes came. "hey. you alright in there" *sniffle* " yeah. everything's fine " I said brushing away my tears. "okay.." I can tell he's suspicious but whatever. I check my phone and see that it is 7:47.

i walk down the stairs to make a pizza and see Hayes and Nash throw around the dough for a challenge video. Or not. "eh hem" I coughed, getting they're attention. "umm. I was gonna make a pizza but ya know.." "No! No! Make a pizza. we got an extra pack for flour and everything" he said quickly then nervously smiling at the end. "okay" I said slowly grabbing the flour.

I notice both boys are completely messy. I can't believe I'm being the mother when I'm the youngest here. "now go take a shower.  now for the sake of my nose please go taking a friggin shower cause.. you.. stink!" I said waving my hand around. "well uh" Hayes said starting to get up from his chair "I think I want a hug first" "no!" I yelled jumping back. "you have pickle juice and flour all over you!" "gahhhhh!!!!" he said spreading his arms out running towards me.  he caught up to me and hugged me tight. "looks like you gotta take a shower too Katie Waity" Hayes says in a baby voice. "shut up" I said playfully pushing him away stomping to the shower.