Chapter 8; Park Swing

**Hayes' POV**

I walked down to the park and saw Chelsea and her gross figure leaning on the flag pole. "hey baby!" seriously? "hi" I said quickly. I really didn't want to be here. I'd rather be with Katie dancing and having a good time then being here with Chelsea talking about her makeup collection and all her gossip crap. "so how did you get home?" "ummm I walked duh" "with who?" she asked. I didn't want to say it. But I felt good walking with Katie so yeah I said it "Katie" her eyes turned from angels to devils. "why?!" as always she got over-dramatic and was probably gonna cry. Ha! Or try to. She really needs to see a doctor about that. She just had this mixed emotion look on her face. "why? Oh because, before you slapped me. We were going to walk home!" she gasped and turned slapping her hair on her back. Then she walked away with her hips going from one side to the other like a bouncy ball. It felt good. At least she didn't slap me again.

**Katie's POV**

I felt really crappy and puffy after crying for like 30 minutes that I decided to do something good for my life. I went into the garage and dug out my bike. Got on my bike and went on a little tour by myself. I went almost all the way around the town. When I needed a rest I went to the closest park I could think of. So I got off my bike and sat on the swing. As I was swaying back and forth the swing was making a lonely squeak. It was like a ghost- town. I thought this park was the park where everyone goes. Oh well. I got on twitter and was scrolling through my home page when I saw a tweet from Hayes. "today was a pretty good day. Hung out with the best person. No names!" I smiled at the thought of him saying that. Then I plugged in my earbuds and put my phone in my pocket. I started listening to Mean by Taylor Swift, then Never Been Hurt by Demi Lovato. I was going through all the songs and finally came to Two Pieces by Demi Lovato. I immediately thought of Hayes. Yeah, that's what I felt after a day. I know I like him. I just don't want to admit it. Who knows what will happen.