Chapter 2; The Wake Up Call

I snapped out of my flashback and screamed bloody murder. I had remembered it and felt it like it had happened all over again. My mom slammed the door open and noticed the tears running down my face. She ran and sat by my side and was holding me in her arms.

"are you sure you want to go to school today? You don't have to, I won't make you-" "mom I'll go. If I don't go then I'll have a lot of homework and will have to think of a reason for skipping school on my first day" my mom gave me a concerning look and finally gave in *sigh* "ok. Be ready in 10 minutes, ok?" "ok!" she gave me a small smile and when she shut the door I ran out of my bed and ran towards the closet. Shit. Forgot I didn't have clothes in there. Then I ran to the box that stated "CLOTHES" I ripped it open and started throwing ugly clothes across the room. "man I really need to go shopping for clothes" I thought I myself aloud. "yes!! You do!" "Get your ass out Seth!" he slammed the door before I lunged a pillow right where his face was. I finally found a cute and simple outfit that was a blue top with inch long straps that flowed at the end. Then I had dark jeans with a few light marks so it looked bent up. then I set my hair up in a simple pony tail and looked on the mirror. I didn't put makeup on because makeup makes people look fake. I mean a little is alright. But then other people are like Nash in that one vine where he stuffed his face intake many times and then said "makeup!" lol. Great example. "Katie!! Are you ready?!" when I was about to get my backpack and shoes I noticed my wrists. They had cuts so I quickly grabbed my jewelry box and grabbed a bunch of bangles and struggled to put them on. No one knew about my cuts. Only me. So I had to hide them. Especially since I am going to a new school in North Carolina. I heard rumors. Good and bad. So I didn't know what to expect. Then I yelled out "Yep!"

||at school||

I ran into school right before the bell rang and ran into home room. Thank god it was just down the hall from the schools main entrance. I had already gotten all of my class lists and the school map. When I got into home room I looked around the class and found a seat right next to this short skinny girl. She turned towards me and *cringe* her face was loaded with makeup and obviously covered up zits. "what's wrong with your face?" "what?" "it's.... Plain! It's..... Eww" I heard her say under her breath. Bitch much? "come on Chelsea leave her alone" I heard from behind us two girls. There was a guy with gorgeous eyes. The MOST gorgeous "ok. Whatever you say babe" she turned around and you saw him make a face at the corner of your eye. "gross" he said under his breath. "excuse me?" "uh..... no! I wasn't talking about you" he then pointed at Chelsea and mouthed *her*. Sielnce. "ummm my name is Hayes. Hayes Grier." I knew that name from somewhere. But I don't know where. "I'm Katie Munro" "did you just move here? I haven't seen you around" "yea I moved from" you were cut off from the sound of the crash "uh Katie?" Hayes said interrupting your scary thoughts "uh sorry-" "ok class today we have a new student in our class, Katie would you like to stand and introduce yourself?" stood up slowly and started "hi I'm Katie Munro-" someone interrupted you.. Chelsea. "*cough cough* gross! *cough*" everyone laughed and the teacher gave Chelsea a green piece of paper and told her to go out in the hall. "imsorry Katie. Please finish" "well.. um I like video games and I have a slight interest in sports" you started to sit down and looked at Hayes and you could see he had a slight smirk on his face. Oh my gosh he's so cute. But Chelsea called him babe. Did that mean something?