Chap. 13

"It's not that bad," I said, as my eyes travelled over Bryce's scar.

As Kayla had described to me before, it looked like an upside down horseshoe on the side of his head.

"It looks much worse because my hair is greasy and gross," Bryce complained.

"Just spray some dry shampoo in it," I advised. "You'll be good to go."

"What?"

I chuckled, taking a seat on his bed and peeking over at his laptop. "Watcha workin' on?"

"Absolutely nothing, I'm bored out of my mind."

"Did you have speech therapy earlier?"

"Yep."

"How'd that go?"

"It was long and depressing."

"Bryce, you have some visitors," Regina informed him.

"Who would that be?" he asked her, shutting his laptop.

She shrugged. "Want me to let them back?"

"I guess," he said, with a shrug.

"So any talk of discharge today?" I asked, as we waited for Bryce's visitors.

"Tomorrow morning," he said, with a smile.

I reached over to high-five him.

"I think I deserve a kiss for that."

"Somebody is a bit demanding today, aren't they?"

Clayton was the first one to enter Bryce's room, and a smile spread across Bryce's face.

And then Clayton was followed by about half of the baseball team.

"I wouldn't let the whole team come," Clayton informed Bryce. "Since you just had surgery and all."

I leaned back on Bryce's bed, judging his reaction.

His smile widened. "Hey guys!"

"What the hell is on your face?" Clayton asked him.

"Jesus Clayton," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Well I am pretty awesome, but I wouldn't consider myself Jesus," he retorted.

"They're glasses," Bryce informed him, interrupting the two of us.

Because we'd probably bicker for hours if he let us.

And I couldn't help but notice how Bryce struggled with the S's in glasses as well, which was different from a couple of days ago.

"Are they permanent?" Kyle asked, leaning against the wall.

"Don't know yet," Bryce said.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" Tyrone asked him, holding up three fingers.

"He can see your fingers dumbass," Kyle informed him, reaching over to shove him. "People with glasses don't see like ten fingers versus three."

"So how are you doing?" Brock asked, interrupting the other two's argument.

Clayton came over and took a seat on the edge of the bed, and I moved over closer to Bryce and away from him.

Clayton just smirked at me.

"Discharge tomorrow," Bryce said, shooting me a smile.

"Discharge?" Kyle asked.

As I said, insult to a bag of rocks.