Chap. 2

"Let's get out of here," Bryce whispered into my ear.

I nudged him in the side, shooting him a teasing glare.

"I'm serious," he whispered.

"Mr. Harrison," Mr. Munn called from the front of the classroom as he paused the movie. "Do you have something you'd like to share with the class?"

"No sir," Bryce declined.

"I'd suggest you pay a little more attention to my class and a little less attention to Ms. Allen."

I blushed, covering my smile with my hand.

"Yes sir," Bryce said, flashing me a smile.

"And if you feel the need to disrupt my class again, I have some beakers that could use cleaning afterschool."

Bryce sobered up. "Yes sir."

Mr. Munn nodded before starting the movie again.

Bryce couldn't afford a detention with baseball practice afterschool.

But even so, within five minutes Bryce's lips were pressed to my ear again.

"If you won't get out of here with me now, will you let me take you out on Saturday?"

I crossed my right leg over my left, shooting a look in Mr. Munn's direction.

He was engrossed in something on his computer.

"What do you have in mind?" I whispered back, raising my eyebrows at him.

"You, me, and laser tag."

I smirked at him. "Are you sure you want to reopen that wound? You do remember who won last time?"

Bryce laced his hands in front of his mouth to keep from laughing, and we both focused our attention on the movie for a few moments.

"I'll kick your ass, just like I did in FIFA yesterday," Bryce whispered, after a few moments of silence.

"Mr. Harrison!" Mr. Munn called.

Bryce let out a small groan.

"I'm glad you decided to join me afterschool," Mr. Munn continued.

Bryce let out a sigh, rolling his eyes to look at me.

I shot him a sympathetic smile.

"And you're not too far behind him Ms. Allen," Mr. Munn added.

Bryce stuck his tongue out at me, and I rolled my eyes, refocusing my attention on the movie that I still didn't know the name of.

"You didn't kick my ass in FIFA yesterday," I informed Bryce, once I sure Mr. Munn wasn't paying attention.

Bryce raised an eyebrow at me.

"I let you win."

This time Bryce did bust out into laughter.

~*~

"How do catalysts lower the activation energy of a reaction?" Caroline asked me, looking up across our table at Starbucks.

"By providing an alternate pathway for the reaction," I reminded her, curling a piece of hair behind my ear.

"How do you remember that?" she complained.

I shrugged, causing her to flick a piece of her pencil lead at me.

"I'm sorry," I defended, while laughing.

"I hate you and your brains."

"I still love you."