Chap. 6

"Did you study for the AP Chemistry test today?" Caroline asked me, as I plopped down at our morning table.

"I've been studying for three days," I said, with a laugh. "I know the information forwards and backwards."

"That's why she's Valedictorian," Jessie said, as she passed us.

"That's not official. It's only our Junior year."

"I'm having trouble grasping the Kinetic Theory," Caroline said, sliding in next to me.

"Sophie," Clayton said, plopping down across the table from me.

"Good morning?"

"Is your boy coming to school today?"

"I haven't talked to him since he left my house last night."

"Trouble in paradise?" Miranda teased.

"I don't think he's been to any of his morning classes this week," Clayton muttered, standing up. He left and went back to the baseball jocks.

"Is that true?" Caroline asked me.

I nodded. "He's checked in late every day this week, except for Tuesday when he didn't come to school."

"He has to be here on Friday," Taylor said. "The cheerleaders already have signs and banners made for the big rival game."

"So the Kinetic Theory," I said, turning my attention back to AP Chemistry. "What don't you understand?"

"Studying for my test I see," Mr. Munn said, stopping at our table. "A little last minute cramming?"

"Can you explain the Kinetic Theory to me?" Caroline asked him, earnestly.

"Sure. Come with me back to my room."

"Not that I don't love you," Caroline said to me, as she gathered her stuff. "But lover boy just pulled into the parking lot."

"How do you know that?"

He showed me his Twitter, where his recent tweet was complaining about finding a parking spot in the Junior lot.

"So spill," Kylie said, raising her eyebrows.

"Spill on what?"

"You guys text like 24/7. What's going on?"

I shrugged. "He wasn't feeling well last night, and I didn't want to bother him."

"That does not sound like the Sophie I know."

I couldn't help but laugh. "He's been sick all week. It's taken a toll on his attitude."

I felt a kiss on my left cheek, and a Chick-Fil-A bag appeared in front of me, along with a large-sized lemonade.

"What's the occasion?" I asked, as Bryce slid in on my left.

"Surprise!"

A smile formed across my face, and I gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "You're my favorite boyfriend."

"I'll try not to tell the others."

"Look who showed up to school!" Nick called across the pavilion.

"Guess I better go explain myself," Bryce muttered to me. He gave me a kiss before heading off to join his friends.

"You have the best boyfriend in the world," Taylor said, as I pulled out the mini chicken sliders and Chick-Fil-A sauce.

"I won't argue with that," I said, taking a gulp of my lemonade.

"So has he been hard to handle lately?" Kylie asked me, taking one of my mini hash browns.