Chap. 10

"Oh no," Kayla disagreed, shaking her head. "That color scheme would never work."

I flipped through the book of color schemes again. The book was sitting in my lap as I sat criss-cross on the floor.

"What if you went black and white?" I suggested, looking over at her. "It's very classy."

"Let me see?" she asked.

I passed her the book, letting her view her black and white options.

"I don't know," she mused. "What do you think Bryce?"

"Huh?" he asked, his eyes never tearing away from his current GTA 5 mission.

"What about this color scheme for the wedding?"

"Looks like the last six."

"You're useless," she muttered.

Bryce let out a groan, pausing his game to look over at the picture Kayla was holding up. "Look's beautiful, I'm sure the wedding will be great." He restarted his game again.

Kayla rolled her eyes, studying the pictures again.

"I do quite like the black and white theme dear," Regina said, after looking at the pictures for a few minutes.

"I think I might too," Kayla said, making note of it. "But I also liked that pastel theme."

I stood up, heading to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and stretch out.

It had been a long day of wedding planning, and I'd been sitting in that same position far too long.

Bryce came into the kitchen as well, leafing through the pantry.

"Looking for some nuts there?" I teased.

"Funny," he deadpanned, making a face at me.

The steroids they had him on for pre-surgery had puffed out his cheeks, making him resemble a chipmunk.

He grabbed a package of Pop-Tarts before heading over to the side door and letting Dawson in.

Dawson immediately headed for the living room, and I exchanged glances with Bryce.

Kayla was sitting in Dawson's usual spot.

"Bryce!" Kayla called. "Did you let the dog in?"

"The dog has a name!" Bryce called back. "And he's not an outside dog, so yeah."

Dawson came trotting into the kitchen and let out a bark.

"Sorry," Bryce apologized, tossing him a treat.

Bryce handed me one of the Pop-Tarts in the package before he hopped up on the counter, munching on the other one.

I fed part of my Pop-Tart to Dawson before eating the rest myself.

"You spoil him," Bryce accused, before feeding part of his Pop-Tart to Dawson.

"Hypocrite."

"He looked at me with big eyes," Bryce defended. "He probably felt offended that you would share yours but I wouldn't share mine."

"Or he just knows how to play you."

Bryce's jaw dropped, clearly offended. "Dawson would never play me like that."

I couldn't help but laugh, reaching down to scratch Dawson behind the ears.

"Right buddy?" Bryce asked Dawson for reassurance.

Dawson just wagged his tail.

"See?"

"Hey Sophie!" Kayla called from the living room. "Can I get your opinion on this flower arrangement?"