Chap. 28

"We really need to find you like an after school activity or some club or something," Kylie informed me, as we headed out to the underclassmen parking lot.

"What?"

"You need something to help bulk up your college application," she informed me. "They like to see someone well-rounded."

"I am well-rounded," I defended.

"You go to school," Kylie stated.

"And I have community service hours."

"Which are required to graduate."

And I'm unofficially Valedictorian.

"You can't ride into college on being Valedictorian anymore," Kylie said, shaking her head. "It's tough out there."

I don't want to be committed to any after school club.

I want to go home and sleep. Or go hang out with Bryce. Or go to the mall with Kylie.

"I can see it on your face," Kylie said, with a laugh. "At least think about it. I don't want you to be denied from college because you don't have any extracurriculars."

"Okay," I conceded. "I'll think about it."

"So where are you headed?" Kylie asked me, as I reached my car.

"Bryce has his follow-up for his whole Bronchitis-thing," I said, leaning against the side of my car. "And I have to drive him there because Lord knows his mom can't take one more second off of work."

"You're good to him," Kylie said, with a shake of her head.

I just hummed in agreement. "And then after that he's going to have to suffer through a trip to the mall with me because I've got my dress on hold for Kayla's wedding and I've got to pick it up."

"Oh yeah, you leave in like a month don't you?"

"Supposed to, yeah."

"What's that mean?" Kylie asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I don't even know how we're getting there," I admitted. "Bryce's doctor told him he can't fly, and he's really not even supposed to attend the wedding with all of those people. That's why he hasn't been here at school, because it's so germy and he got sick from Steven in like a week."

"What about driving up there?" Kylie offered.

"My parents aren't going for that idea."

"Well I don't blame them."

I just chuckled. "And Regina is flying up a week before the wedding to start setting up for the wedding and getting everything in check. She offered to fly back down and then drive Bryce back up but he declined that offer because Kayla needs her and yada yada yada but Bryce needs her too."

"Just talk to the doctor about it," Kylie encouraged. "I'm sure he'll have some sort of idea."

~*~

"I don't think it's a good idea," the doctor informed us.

"It's my sister's wedding," Bryce argued. "She only gets married once, hopefully, and I can't miss it. I'm supposed to be a groomsman."

"You're doing very well on your speech therapy," the doctor commented.

"Thank you," Bryce muttered.

He can't help but be polite, even when he's frustrated.

"And I can understand your frustration," the doctor added. "I just want what's best for your health."