Chapter 51 <3

Chapter 51 <3

A few months later

February 13th

“Cordell tomorrow is Valentine’s Day!” I said smiling at him. “What you telling me for?” he asked rolling his eyes. “Well because I want you to do something special for me.” I said sitting on his bed while he was changing his clothes. “Oh well I already told you I have basketball conditioning early morning Saturday.” He said looking at me. “Well then Sunday?” I asked hinting. “No Symone I promised my grandma I’ll go to church with her.” He said. “Oh… I guess I’ll be at home all weekend while everybody and their boyfriends are having fun.” I said getting up ready to leave. “Well then I guess that’s what you’ll be doing.” Why is he acting like this? Everything has been fine with me and him and all of a sudden he’s acting so strange.

grabbed my purse and phone and walked out his room. I went through the kitchen and his mom looked at me and said “You leaving so soon?” I nodded and said “Yea, I have some things to take care of.” I smiled so she could believe me and then she stopped me from walking out. “What happened?” she asked. “Nothing, I just have to go.” I said looking away. “No you’re lying, what is going on?” I sighed and said “Cordell going to be at basketball this whole weekend and we won’t get to do anything for Valentine’s Day. I mean I either wanted to go to the movies, out to eat or something.” Ms. Dana looked at me and said “Well what’s going on tonight? Why can’t yall go out tonight?” she asked. “He’s sick so he says.” I said rolling my eyes. “Well just stay in today at the house and hang out.” She said. I shook my head and said “No he’s sick but he’s going out to do something with Jarsdell. They have plans for today.” I was fed up with him today. I got up and she said “Well maybe next week.” I shook my head sand said “I don’t even know.” I stretched and said “I’ll talk to you later I’m leaving.” I got up she said “Alright then tell me how everything goes. I’m leaving to take Cayla to her grandparents’ house for the weekend because I have a weekend shift. See you soon!” I waved and walked outside leaving.

When I arrived home I smiled to myself because Marion was home. I haven’t seen him in a while. I got out and walked into the house. “MARION” I said running up to him! “Hey babygirl what’s up?” he said smiling. “I missed you so much! Where is Amari?” I asked. “She’s at her mama house. She’ll be back Sunday.” He said sitting down. We talked for a little bit then I went upstairs to my room. I sighed and looked at my phone. Cordell was calling.

“What?” I said picking up the phone.

“Well I just don’t want you to be upset at me. I’m sorry for the attitude earlier.” he said

“I don’t care. I just wanted to hang out with my boyfriend but obviously he doesn’t want to.” I said giving a little attitude.

“Well I’m sorry baby girl I’ll make it up to you next weekend.” He said

“No Cordell, its fine. I forgot I’m in a relationship with a basketball player getting ready for college ball. I also forgot I’m in relationship with someone who lies about being sick.”

“So basically you saying you shouldn’t be with me? Because if that’s the case then we can call it quits Symone.” he said seriously.

“I didn’t say that, I’m just saying that I’m in a relationship with a basketball player. Of course he’s going to have games, conditioning, campus visits and such. But question is can you still maintain a relationship with your girlfriend when you go to play college ball?” I said clearing it up.

“Oh I get it. I mean I hope I can. I know you aint going to leave me hanging.” He said

“Ha that’s the thing Cordell. Keep messing with plans and you might be left hanging.” I said.