Chapter 45 <3

Chapter 45 <3

Wednesday afternoon.

6:45pm

I just got out of work and was heading home. I stopped to Walgreens to get some gummy worms. My obsession! After I brought them I headed home. I pulled in and only my mama was home. My dad and Marion still not back yet. The twins are coming back this weekend. I went inside and my mama said “Hey girl.” I nodded and said “You going to work?” she nodded and said “Yea I’ll be back early morning so dinner is out on you tonight.” I nodded and said “Alright well see you tomorrow.” She nodded and said “Alright bye sweetie.” I nodded and said “bye.” Then she left. I went upstairs and my phone rang.

“Hello” I said chewing on my worms.

“Hey babe.” His voice said

“Oh, Hey Cordell.” I said sitting down.

“What you up to ma?” he said

“Nothing just got home. What you up to pa?” I asked

“Getting home from the gym you hitting that party tonight?” he asked. I forgot this party was tonight.

 “Um I don’t think so but I might. Idk though.” I said not sure. Bianca, Cordell’s cousin asked if we wanted to hang out so that’s who I’d be with.

“Oh shid I guess I won’t go since you aren’t. What you doing then because I know your mama at work.” He said

“I’m going out to eat with Bianca.” I said

“Oh my cousin?” he asked

“Yea” I said smiling. He’s shocked.

“Oh well then I see you getting close to my cousin. I’m shocked.” See told ya.

“Yes I am. She’s straight up cool. But anyways I’m going to take a shower. I’ll call you later.” I said getting up.

“Alright then don’t forget babe. I love you.” he said. I smiled to myself.

“Okay bye. I love you too.” then we hung up. I went in the bathroom starting the shower and then came out grabbing my clothes for out to eat with Bianca. I had to be at Lala’s grill at 7:30 pm. It’s almost 7pm. I slid on my strapless jean short romper. I added my gold studs and my gold long chain with a heart at the end with my gold strappy sandals. I part my hair on the side with it wet and added my mousse to stay in place. Then I put it in a ponytail with a bun. I applied my eye liner and lipgloss and smiled at my ended look. I grabbed my hand wallet and left the house. I still don’t have my car. Gets on my nerves that they can’t fix it yet because they have to finish investigating or something like that. I drove down to the restaurant and when I reached she was outside in her car. I walked out my car and knocked on her window. “Hey girl.” She said getting out. I smiled and she said “You look nice. I thought you would bring Cordell with you.” I shook my head and said “No I just thought it could be girls night out.” She nodded and said “I’m glad you didn’t bring him. He’d be complaining the whole time.” I smiled and we walked inside and got seated. “Hello I’m Samuel what would you ladies like to drink?” he asked smiling at us. I looked at my menu and said “I would love to have a sprite. What about you Bianca?” She looked up and said “Boy oh boy! I would like to have a diet coke please.” He nodded winking and walked off. “He wants you Bianca!” I said. She rolled her eyes and said “Whatever. You know I’m stuck on Marcus.” Marcus was her boyfriend before things got rough. She never mentioned what happened though. “Sure you are. You just need to forget about Marcus girl! Lighten up! He’s not good for you.” I said trying to cheer her up. She sighed and said “If only you knew what happened.” I sighed and our drinks came. “What would you ladies like to eat tonight?” I sighed and said “Oh give us 2 barbeque sandwiches with fries.” He nodded and said “Alright well that will be up in a few then.” I nodded and he walked off. “You ate here before?” she asked sipping her drink. “Yea I have been here before with Cordell. It’s really good to!” she chuckled and I said “So what did this Marcus guy do for you to not get over him?” she sighed and said “I can trust you right?” Can she trust me? I don’t talk what people tell me. “Yes you can trust me.” she nodded and said “So I’ve dated him my whole high school life. Then I got pregnant senior year. I graduated and then he going to college to play ball. I miscarried like before I met you.” I gasped and said “Oh my gosh girl that is deep. Don’t cry! Please don’t.” she sighed and said “It’s just hard. He’s leaving for college soon and I’m afraid that he will find someone else leaving me hanging. Even though we aren’t together now I still can’t let go. I’ll always have something to remind me about him.” I got up hugging her and said “It’s alright. I don’t know what I’d do if I were you. I would try to move on but then it’ll hurt for him to just act that we never had a baby growing inside me.” she wiped away her tears and said “It hurts it really does. I just hope you and Cordell don’t get intimate with each other unless you feel as if he’s the one you will marry.” Okay. I feel horrible. That’s really sad. Imagine if that was me? “I won’t we have promises that we made and I’m living by them.” She sighed and we talked when our food came.