Chapter 46 <3

Chapter 46 <3

A week before school starts

“You are back!” I screamed running down to my dad and Marion. I hugged both and said “How was it? Did you guys have fun?” my dad chuckled and said “It was really fun. I enjoyed myself.” I smiled and Marion said “Boy we all have to go up there. It’s straight up fun. California is a beast!” he was too excited about this. I sat down on the couch and my mom said “Well dinner will be ready soon. Symone are you forgetting?” I looked at her and said “Forgetting what?” she rolled her eyes and said “The list I told you to go get?” I oh’d and said “Oh snap, I’ll go get it then.” She nodded and handed me some money. “Here and don’t get the expensive one.” I nodded and ran upstairs grabbing my purse and shoes. I walked out the house and hopped in my car. Still don’t have my car yet. I started it up and backed out heading to the store.

When I finished getting everything on the list, I put the stuff in the trunk and got in my car. I buckled up and drove down the street. I passed Cordell’s house and but then stopped because I saw him outside. I reversed back and put my window down. “Hey baby!” I said getting his attention. He turned and smiled. “What’s up?” he said walking over. “Nothing I just came back from the store. What you doing outside?” he chuckled and I said “You better not be drinking!” he shook his head and said “No I’m not on that. That was a mistake.” I nodded and said “it better has been.” He nodded and said “You want to come inside?” I shook my head and said “I can’t, I have to go back home.” he nodded and said “I’ll come scoop you up tonight. There’s another party!” I shook my head and said “Not tonight buddy. Just come over tonight and we’ll stay in.” he sighed and said “You better be lucky I love you!” I pouted and said “Hmm anyways I’ll see you tonight then?” I asked hoping he would say yes. “Yea I got you babe.” I pecked him and his mom just pulled in. “Hey Symone” she said getting out the car. “Hey Ms. Dana.” I said smiling. Cordell kissed his teeth and said “Go inside.” She shook her head and said “Cordell you keep playing with me!” I chuckled and said “Well I’m heading out. Don’t forget Cordell!” he nodded and said “I won’t baby!” I smiled and he kissed me in front of his mama and I beeped driving off.

I reached home about 10 minutes later and my mom was watering her flowers. “I could have sworn I sent you out about 30 minutes ago.” I smiled and said “I know, I had to look for the stuff then drive back.” She hmm’d and I grabbed the stuff going inside. I rest them on the table and my dad said “Tell your mom that I’ll be right back. I need to go to my office.” I nodded and my mom said “I already heard. Why you going to your office for? I could have sworn you are on vacation.” He sighed and said “I am but when I go back I don’t want to pile up on work.” I walked upstairs because they were about to start arguing. “No you are addictive to that job. I swear!” I chuckled lowly at them and he said “No I’m not! I have to work my job so I can provide for my family.” I walked in my room and closed my door. Then a few minutes later the door knocks. “Come in!” I said I sat up on my bed and Amari walks in. “Hey Auntie! You want to go swimming?” I sighed and said “Let’s wait till the twins get home. I think they will enjoy that too.” she nodded and said “Okay fine. They have 3 hours to get here.” She so crazy! She smiled and walked out slamming my door. I shook my head and cut on my TV watching re runs of Pretty Little Liars. That is my show!!!

7 pm

“COME EAT YOU GUYS!” my mama yelled. I got up putting on my socks and walked downstairs. Boy does the food smell great! I sat down beside Marion and my dad was sitting down looking mad. My mama coughed and said “Anyways say your prayers and eat up!” she rested our food in front of us and my dad was the only one with no food in his spot. “Sierra where’s my plate?” he said serious. “It’s at your office. You know the place where you go to provide for your family.” Marion chuckled and I looked away smiling. “Sierra that’s very petty. Fine I’ll get my own plate.” She nodded and got up with him. She walked in the kitchen grabbing the plate with foil covering it and said “Here go eat it at your office.” He sighed and took the plate sitting down. “Mama that’s messed up.” Marion said smiling. “No it’s not he’s going to have one hell of a stressed life since he always getting worked up about work.” My dad sighed and said “Sierra let’s talk about it later.” She shook her head and cut her steak. “Nope it’s done talked about. So Marion did you go talk to Uncle Lloyd about to deal or what?” I was confused I just ate my food listening. “Yea but he said he don’t want to work with me because my attitude.” I smirked “You got that right!” I said smiling. “Symone quit being nosey!” Marion said getting upset. “Sorry but thanks for the dinner, I’ll be in my room.” I said excusing myself from the table. I went to my room and laid down getting my phone off the charger.