Chapter 44 <3

Chapter 44 <3

Half way through summer!

I am a working lady! I’ve been working hard getting this money. If I’m not at work then I’m home sleeping. Cordell went to Pennsylvania with his dad’s side of the family. I know his mom was a little hesitating about it then but let him. I miss him! I swear I grown on to him fingering me. He did it atleast 4 more times this summer. When he texts me he always says something embarrassing about it. I’m in love.

Work this morning! I got up at 8am and took a quick shower. I washed my hair and finished up my shower. I came out and slipped on some khaki Bermuda capris and white button down with my Nike Air Max Navigate White/Black/Action Green/Fruit Punch. Cordell brought them for me this summer. I grabbed a green headband to match my shoes and added my necklace and earrings. I looked at the mirror and smiled. I grabbed my name tag and purse going downstairs. “Good morning” I said to my parents. “Hey Symone” they said. I nodded and grabbed an apple screaming bye then leaving the house. I got in my rental car till my car gets fixed. Still hasn’t got fixed yet. I drove off and listening to Jeremih Love don’t change! That’s my song tho! I pulled into work and grabbed my stuff locking up and going inside. Chris smiled and said “Hey today is that big sale.” I smiled and said “Oh lord I got my tennis shoes on today.” He chuckled and said “Right me to.” I smiled and headed to the back. Caroline was eating. I smiled and said “Hey girl you better finish it up. Today is that sale day.” She rolled her eyes and said “I don’t want to be here today.” I nodded and said “I know it’s to early but you better hurry up.” I set my purse in the locker and locked it. I left the break room and walked over to the cash register.

Around the time of my lunch break it was crowded. “I’m going to do shelves tell Leana to come on up here.” I told Chris shutting down my register. He nodded and got on the intercom calling her. I grabbed an apron and put it on going in the back getting the cart of food. I started shelving and this boy came up to me. “Excuse me, my mama sent me here for the 99 cent ketchup and mayonnaise. Do you know where I can find that at?” I looked up and he had a cute confused face on. “Yea um actually it’s right here. Sorry.” I handed him the ketchup and mayonnaise. “Thank you Symone.” He said smiling. I looked at him weird then he said “Your name tag.” I chuckled and said “Oh sorry.” He I looked away and happen to catch him checking me out. “I like your swag though. Those shoes tight!” I smiled and said “Thank you.” he nodded and stood there as I started shelving again. “I’m Isaiah by the way.” He said out the blue. “Oh nice meeting you then I probably won’t remember your name by the end of the day seeing as I’m busy and it’s a busy day.” I said hoping he will leave. “Oh I’m sorry. I’ll come by another time.” I shook my head and said “That won’t be necessary.” He chuckled and said “Well your lost.” Then he walked off. Boys these days! I finished up what I was doing and I went to the front to get the buggy with food that people just leave around. “Symone you can go on your lunch break you know.” Chris said. I sighed and said “Not now I’m going to finish this up. What time is it?” he looked at the clock and said “After 2” I nodded and said “Thanks” then got back to work. I get off at 10 tonight. 12 hour shift I think. While I was carrying the stuff to put them back my phone started vibrating like crazy! I couldn’t pick it up though. I wonder if it’s Michelle she’s 8 months. It’s July and she’s due in August! I hurried up and finish shelving then went to the back. I looked at my phone and it was my mom. I called back.

“Hello” I said

“Hey um I was just wondering if you were on your lunch break?” she said

“Yea I’m taking it now why?” I asked sitting down

“Well I’m outside. Come on and I’ll take you to lunch.” She said. I smiled free food!

“Alright I’ll be out.” Then I hung up. I put my time to lunch break and walked out the store. I hopped in and my mom looked at me. “Dang you look dead.” I chuckled and said “I had a rough day.” She chuckled and drove off. “Where you want to eat at?” I shrugged and said “It doesn’t matter!” she nodded and drove to sonic! I ordered me chili cheese Coney and blue coconut slush! She paid for me too! I smiled as our food came and we sat in the car eating. “You getting off at Ten?” I nodded and said “Yea but I have to go around to check on Michelle. She wasn’t feeling to good yesterday.” She nodded and said “I’ll go check on her. You just go home and sleep. You look tired. I have a night shift and the twins are at camp. Better be glad it’s the weekend tomorrow because you’ll be drained.” I smiled “Thank you so much. I’ll tell Michelle and what time does Marion and daddy plane leave tomorrow?” she shrugged. “I think they leave at noon but that’s tomorrow so don’t worry about it” I sighed and said “Fine.” we finished up eating and she drove me back to work. “Alright see you in the morning.” I nodded and said bye leaving the car. I went inside and Chris looked at me. “You need to go in the back.” I nodded and walked to the back bumping into people’s buggy. “Sorry” I said giving an apologetic look. They will ignore me then I’ll walk off. I got to the back and screamed “CORDELL!” he chuckled and I jumped on him with my feet around his waist. “I missed you!” I started kissing his face. “Okay Symone calm down.” I got down and said “What you doing here?” he sighed and said “I wanted to surprise you but you weren’t home and your mom said you were at work.” I smiled and said “You play to much. But as much as I want to talk I have to get back to shelving.” He pouted and said “can I help?” I shrugged and said “No I’ll get in trouble. I get off at 10 though.” He looked at his phone and said “5 hours from now. You doing them long hour shift.” I chuckled and said “But I’m making the money. Have you seen my bank account?” he chuckled and said “Okay anyways I’m going home. Call me when you get off and I’ll bring food over to your house.” I nodded and said “Alright!” I smiled and hugged him again and he kissed me. “Alright bye babe.” I smiled and he winked leaving. I sighed and sat down Caroline looked at me and said “Yall are really in love. Do you see the way yall started glowing when yall saw each other?” I chuckled and said “Yea that’s my babe right there.” she smiled and said “I’m jealous. Chris doesn’t be like that to me.” I pouted and said “You guys will get there.” she rolled her eyes and said “You wish.” I shook my head and smiled. I put my time back in and got to work.