Chapter 29 <3

Chapter 29 <3

We are home from PCB! I had a great time and everyone else did to I hope. I had just left the house for work and I am dreading it. I stopped to Starbucks and ordered me some kind of vanilla latte. I paid then left. When I reached work, I got out and Chris had just pulled in as well. I waited till he got out and he picked me up and said “YOU’RE BACK!!!!” I chuckled and said “Put me down Chris!” he put me down and said “So how was it?” I nodded and said “It was really nice! My boyfriend ended up going with his family and it was just great!” Chris smiled and we walked inside. I waved at my manager Kim and went in the back. I put my name tag on and Chris said “Well while you was gone, I got me some butt.” I burst out laughing and said “You are a freak! Who’d you do it with?”  He smiled and said “Caroline! We made us official!” I punched his arm and said “You didn’t tell me. I was over here just thinking she had a crush on you! You butt head.” He smiled and said “Well I’m sorry, she didn’t want everybody to know.” I nodded and said “Okay I understand now. I call cash register today. You can do the shelves.” He chuckled and said “Okay.”

Lunch Break

I didn’t go nowhere for lunch, I just brought me some chips, fruit, and drink from the store. I walked to the back and Chris was sleeping on the couch. I sat down and started eating but got this very concerning text from Jarsdell. I think he seriously meant to send this to Cordell:

You still aint hit it? Man you know that line, what she aint doing for you another girl can be doing that. Or something like that bruh. Ask her init about it.

I closed the text and ate my lunch. When I was finished, I came out the break room and went back to work. Customers try to lie and tell me she got this item from the clearance shelf knowing it wasn’t. This is the part of my job I hate! I made someone else take over and I just went to shelves. I couldn’t be bothered with rude costumers. After work I got in my car and it was around 6 o’clock. I drove straight home. No time for stopping. When I reached home I got out and nobody was in. I walked up to my room and stripped out my clothes slipping on some shorts and t-shirt. I laid on my bed and pulled out my ringing phone. Call coming from Cordell.

Cordell: Symone I aint talk to you all day.

Me: Hmm yea

Cordell: How ya day been?

Me: Okay

Cordell: Oh you home?

Me: yea

Cordell: What’s up with the one word replies?

Me: I don’t know.

Cordell: Symone?

Me: huh

Cordell: So you mad at me or something?

Me: Naw

Cordell: Yea, I’ll be over there soon.

Me: no don’t

Cordell: why?

Me: I’m calling it a night… um early.

Cordell: Sure Whatever.

He hung up on me. I sighed and tossed my phone on my bed. I groaned out loud. Why me!! Was I meant to get that text? Is that a sign that I needed to just give him my virginity? We haven’t really been together for a year and its being pressured already. I made up my mind that day and I was definitely serious. I can’t do it! I’m waiting till I get married. He can’t change my mind on that one. If he doesn’t respect my wishes then he can go get it from someone else. Then we won’t be together. Point blank. My thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell. I walked downstairs and peeked out the window. It was Marion’s baby mother. I opened the door and she smiled and said “Hello.” I faked smiled and Amari came behind from her and said “Auntie.” I hugged her and Amari said “I got me some ice cream today.” I nodded and said “Foreal?” she nodded and Marion’s baby mother said “Anyways when Marion comes home tell him that I need $300 dollars for Amari.” I sighed and said “I’m not too fond of you but did Marion pressure you into you know doing it?” She chuckled and said “No, to be honest I wanted a child and he didn’t just yet. But things happened and I ended up with my wish. But he didn’t we both did that knowing what was happening. Why?” I shook my head and said “Nothing but I’ll tell Marion what you said bye.” I quickly shut the door and I turned around and Amari said “I’m sleepy, can I go lay on you bed?” I nodded and said “Sure, just don’t be medaling with my stuff.” She nodded and went upstairs. I went in the kitchen and got some mangoes and sat at the table eating. After eating I went in the living room watching TV.