xv

"Home"

♤♤♤

It was night time and Mio had no place to go. She was arguably stupid and choose not to go see the hokage so her place of residence was still unknown. Instead of choosing to stay in streets and knowing she had no money, Mio wandered around the town.

She could pull an all nighter, it didn't really matter. Though, somewhere along her stroll she found herself standing before the Uchiha compound's canopy. Did she dare enter?

There was a brief moment of hesitation before she breached onto the sacred grounds. Mio looked down to her toes, where she stood was once soiled in the blood of this clan.

The Uchiha portion of the Konoha was a sad and quiet ghost town. Not even the screams of the dead could be heard anymore.

Mio worked her way through the small street, trying to find Sasuke's house. She walked past a good handful of dead houses before she came across what she could only assume as his.

The windows glowed a soft sort of yellow and a little smoke whispered up from the chimney. It was the only house here left with life.

Approaching the plain wooden door she hesitated. What was she doing?

Before she could question it longer the door swung inwards revealing a begrudged Sasuke in the door way. He was silent in an angry way, waiting for her to speak for why she was here.

"Let me in" she too held an angry tone. She was always frosty, built to show no weakness.

"Go away"

She made no motion to move.

With a sigh Sasuke rubbed his forehead tiredly, "what do you want?".

"I told you" she hissed, "let me in".

They stood, staring each other down until Sasuke finally moved out of her way to let her in. He was far too tired to deal with her anymore.

Her eyes washed over his house as she lead her way to the living room. It had hardwood floors and dark blue toned walls. Considering that he was living alone, it was quite a clean establishment.

Her heart beat accelerated, her throat clogged with words. Then suddenly, in blabber or words she released her question. "Let me stay here" the words were unusually quiet and nimble.

This was the least thing he expected the girl to want. She was never one to ask for anything, especially not help.

"No" his eyes squinted down into a glare. How would she respond? How far could he push her?

Her nails clawed into her leg. What an embarrassment. Why had Mio come here at all? Her nail flipped back and her eye blinked at the pain. Silently nodding before standing and walking to the door. She didn't need him.

Sasuke trailed behind her as she strode away. He stopped by the door, watching as she fiercely pulled it open.

"Fine"

Mio hesitated regestering his words. It was too late now.

Without looking back she strode out into the cool night. A snarl grew on her lips.

Sasuke sighed. His body urged after her and he ran to catch her.

It could be said that Mio is fast. By the time Sasuke managed to catch up with her she was already a well ways down the street. Both hated this situation, yet they were to proud to do anything but stick to their sides.

"Calm down" Sasuke gasped under his breath, pace slowing. Why did he care so much. She was only a burden on him. He eventually slowed to a stop, watching her disappear.

Mio tilted her head peer back. Much to her dismay the Uchiha had given up and gone home. For an unknown reason it made her hurt inside.

That hurt mixed with her empty stomach, bubbling into a batter or anger. It always turned out this way, she always seemed to end up mad.

The kunichi walked aimlessly down the dark street, kicking a stray pebble here and there. Where could she go?

It was well into the dark night that she finally gave up and laid on park bench. People were stupid and weak. She didn't need anyone.

No one, but herself.

×

I felt like updating 🙈

Hope you enjoyed it, personally the chapter after this one is better because there is some Mio × Sasuke 🙉

Anyways, thanks for all the votes, reads and comments! This is unedited ❤