xi

"Don't feed the monster
it will only learn
To bite you"

"Don't feed the monsterit will only learnTo bite you"

♤♤♤

By the time Mio returned back to Tanzua's home it was well into the pure black darkness of night. Her feet were sore and her stomach growled.

As she walked through the sliding doors Kakashi was the first to question her whereabouts. "Where were you?" His voice was more angry than the usual lazy tone.

"Out".

Kakashi held a cold face and glared at her. This disappearing act didn't help him trust her. Not at all.

"Where is everyone else?" The usually loudness of her squad was non-apparent along with them.

"Gone to bed, like you now" he motioned for her to go upstairs.

Defiance coursed through her, "fine, but not because you told me, but because of my own decision". With a high head she strode upstairs, the stairs creaking with every step.

Kakashi turned back to his usual book after she was out of his view. He sighed, rubbing his head with the one free hand. Mio made him feel like a father disciplining a rebellious teen.

Sun shone through the windows and cracked door. It was another nice day out. Sasuke and Naruto were already back trying to climb the trees while everyone else finished eating.

Mio tried to remain stotic, sitting calmly, but a ravenous hunger raged in her. So, much to her embarrassment she scarfed down a few fast servings.

A few minutes later most everyone cleared out. Sakura went outside and Taunza along with his family were who knows where. Now, it was only Kakashi and Mio.

"What happened to your hand?" He peered perplexed over the edges of his book. It was the first time he noticed her largely bandaged fist.

"Nothing".

He sighed and stood up only to move next to her. "Give it here". No matter how he felt towards her, Mio was still his squadling and he had to look after her.

Begrudgedly Mio looked away, but still gave him her hand. It was hurting and if anyone could help heal it she'd comply.

Silently he set his book down and began unwrapping the dirt stained bandages. Every now and then he'd watch her wince, or hear a pained grunt.

"Its definitely broken" he joked. Now unravelled, he gently held the swollen hand.

Mio glared at him.

With a dry laugh Kakashi turned her hand over, "let's get you to a doctor".

"You?" She cracked a infamous Uchiha smirk, "you can't even walk".

"Not me, Sakura".

Mio scoffed, but before she could object Kakashi had already called the pinky over. "Fine". She stood with a glare and walked off with the bubbling girl.

The duo had made it town and much to Mio's annoyance, Sakura had stopped at every single given opportunity. She was more a tourist than a ninja. Though, giving the girl the benefit of the doubt, Mio choose to withhold any further judgement.

"Come on" she waved the pink haired girl forwards. She had stopped to talk to a group of children yet again.

With a nod the girl jogged forwards matching Mio's fast pace. They walked for another handful of minuets before finally pulling up the small doctors office.

Mio turned to look at the pinkette before entering, "you can stay here". Without catching her response she strode in.

The office was a clean and pale seafoam green. The short lady at the desk smiled in a innocent way.

"Yo, I need a doctor" mio walked intimidatingly up to the desk. Her glare made the woman cower.

"Ah, what's wrong?"

Without hesitation she smacked her broken hand down on the desk. Pain rung up her arm but she held her strong face.

With a squeal the woman stood and knocked on a wooden door behind her. She mumbled quickly, knocking ferocious until a man finally opened the door. The woman whispered to him, glancing back a Mio.

A few seconds later the man waved Mio over and obediently she followed.

Closing the door behind her he then took her hand and observed it. Like Kakashi he tried bending a few fingers and tested her wrist.

"Did that hurt?" He looked up at her.

She swallowed hard "yea".

He nodded and took to healing her hand. The soft and familiar green glow of medical ninjutsu enveloped his hand. Her hand felt warm like the sun was shining on it.

"There" he patted her hand before releasing it, "all healed".

Mio nodded as if to say thanks. She then handed him a handful of money and strode out.

×

Chapter done!

Updating a day early because tomorrow is gonna be real busy for me and I don't wanna update late because y'all deserve somewhat regular updates.

Thanks for the comments and votes and reads!

💞