³

── ✧《✩》✧ ──

── ✧《✩》✧ ──

𝐀 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 of silence 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝, followed by 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫.

Mio cautiously strode farther in to the room, the soles of her shoes echoed out daringly. The kunoichi came to halt near the corpses of her teammates, blood still slunk from their wounds, pooling to reach her toes. The sight of their bodies turned her cold, numb almost.

"I said come out and fight me!" Mio's fists were clenched impatiently, the girl spun around, heavy breaths puffing from between her lips as her eyes scanned the surroundings.

Finally, a footstep was heard to her left, it was light, nearly unnoticeable. The kunoichi's head swiveled to follow the sound only to be met with a corner of shadows. from the darkness a kunai shot out stabbing into the stone tiled floor as the girl slid to the side.

Fine, if the killer would not come out, she'd have to make the coward show themself. 

With a fiery breath Mio illuminated the library, casting the piles of books around the room on fire. The literature burned quickly and tall with hungry licking flames quickly spreading to meet the walls bookshelves. A haze of heavy smoke began to billow up and fill the air.

Mio felt the rooms temperature rise, the air stung to breath mixed with the smoke, but she found herself smirking. The girl enjoyed the rush of adrenaline which dominated her veins,  the risk and added danger, it made her feel something and that in itself was addicting

With the growing flames each corner and crevasse was cast in an angry light, pushing Mio's opponent into visibility. The cloaked figure hesitated for a moment before diving straight towards the anbu, breeching a wall of flames.

In their hand Mio caught sight of a short blade, its sharpened surface reflecting the light.

She could feel her heart thumping erratically within her chest, and the sound of blood pumping through her veins echoed in her ears. From behind her back Mio drew a  katana, holding it up ready to guard the oncoming attack.

the two ninja's blades clashed with the shrill sound of scratching metal.

Mio leaned forward on her right foot, the left sliding back for support. A grunt slipped past the kunoichi's lips as she forced her opponent to stumble back a few steps. 

Her enemies hood fell, exposing the young males face. He had a baby face with blonde hair and a clutter of freckles, he could not of been any older than Mio. Mio swallowed, she had a job to do and no one, not even this boy with fear in his hazel eyes could get in her way.

The boy regained his composure, holding the hilt of his blade between his teeth and sequencing a series of hand signs. The ground rumbled, the stone distorting, growing up into the shape of a large hand. Its tiled fingers wriggled tauntingly as it swayed forward to the kunoichi.

akin to a fly swatter the hand slapped at Mio, chasing her as the girl dodged, relentlessly trying to squish her dead. Each time it seemed to grow daringly closer.

the woosh of air lifted Mio's hair as the hand fell where she stood just moments before, her eyes met those of the boy who held a nervous stare. He watched anxiously, keeping distance and hoping the girl would die sooner rather than later.

Growing tired the kunoichi leaned over the fallen hand, maintaining eye contact with her enemy she opened her mouth and letting magma flow out. Danzo had a nick for stealing other ninja's prideful abilities and experimenting on his students.

The molten liquid melted the earthly hand, sealing it in a frozen hold. Mio's mouth burned like the after effects of a chili pepper, blisters forming on the insides of her cheeks.

She coughed and wiped her mouth with her wrist, every breath tickled her sizzling mouth. The boy retaliated, sending a series of sharp wind gusts in her direction slicing his opponents  arms and stomach. 

The fire seemed almost contained, the wind killing some close flames.

Anger licked at the girl, her lips lifting into a snarl. The kunoichi spat bullets of magma in his direction while launching forwards and delivering a swift kick to his side.

Droplets of the magma melted the boys skin as he toppled over. Though from the ground he swiped at Mio's legs, the kunoichi jumped infusing chakra to feet shattering the floor and his leg as she landed.

The sickening snap of his bones making her smirk. He grunted, trembling as tears fringed his eyes. Still, the ninja stood himself up on one leg, weaving more hand signs and sending a water dragon crashing down on her.

The cool liquid enveloped Mio, putting out some of the close drawing flames. Her lungs burned from the lack of oxygen and the water stung her eyes. Though when the dragon dispersed she was left facing the wounded boy yet again.

He was done for.

His arms fell limp to his sides as he accepted defeat. The boys eyes pled for mercy as Mio came near, the girl picked up his discarded blade. For a moment she stared at the metal, meeting her own bloodied reflection. 

With a swift strike the boy fell. He gurgled for a few seconds, choking on blood before falling silent once more. Mio wiped his blood on her pant leg, tossing it to the side. The kunoichi's eyes caught on the boy's which seemed to bore into her soul. 

Alone in the blazing room Mio stood for a second. An inch of bloody water lapped at her feet and the burns inside her mouth stung. From force of habit she found herself scratching away at her pant leg, it seems she was itching for a real battle. Not one like this, this was a disappointment. Her nail bent back making her hiss.

With soggy footsteps, smoke filled lungs and an unsatisfied feeling, Mio left the mostly extinguished room and began on the path home. The targeted scroll gripped in her bloody hand.

-

Yo, thanks for reading!

edited: 3/26/22 :)