ix

"Do you see that.
That's the look
Of fear"

That's the look Of fear"

♤♤

Around a day and a half passed before the copy cat ninja finally awoke. Though, even if he was concious he was still too weak to efficiently move or do anything else.

The man had time to think and ponder the groups most recent enemy encounter, Zabuza. After careful consideration Kakashi had come to the confident conclusion that the man was not dead, but indeed alive. Very much alive.

This conclusion was reached by the actions of the ninja responsible of disposing the body. One was supposed to do it at site, not move it. Therefore there was reason to believe the famous swordsmen was alive.

Kakashi watched limply from the sidelines as his little squad members bickered. It was only a half hour before that he set them training and trying to walk up trees.

Sakura who was better at controlling chakra then both Sasuke and Naruto sat on the deck by Kakashi. She felt the pride of finally being ahead of her group members, or atleast most of them.

Kakashi warily glanced at Mio. He still didn't trust her and to put it frankly at this rate he never would.

When first instructing his squad the young femail merely glared and obviously rolled her eyes. She refused to climb the tree until Kakashi's probing was more annoying then doing the actual action.

She now sat at the top of one of the trees. Within the branches. A shiver racked her body, the leaves shade was quite cold and the breeze didnt help.

"Hey! Mio! Tell me your secret!" The blonde knuckle head stared up at the femail out of breath. From the short time he had started trying to get to the top of the tree he had failed too many times to count.

Sasuke was the same way, only he grumbled under his breath instead of yelling towards the two girls who seemed to have better chakra control.

Mio stared down at naruto for a second. She then smirked and looked away. They could fighure it out on their own.

Time seemed to creep slowly and Mio quickly grew bored. No matter how bad the root was it atleast was not boring.

To pass time the femail reached to the secure pouch around her upper left thigh. Within it among other things was a moderately sized scroll.

It was red with a yellowish gold detaing. The edges were slightly frayed and bent. It was obvious that this scroll had seen better days.

Mio sighed and dug out a brush and ink vile. She hummed, tucking a stray dark colored strand behind her ear and unrolling the scroll .

As it unrolled her eyes scanned her ever so messy writing. It danced on the pages in hastily smudged figures. Unbeknownst to anyone living it was a unshakable habit of Mio to write down things.

It wasn't exactally a diary, but more of a narrative story with segments of her life put into perspective. Unlike to her character it was a strangely poetic and almost emotional.

Her finger traced a few lines, the words flowing in her head. It seemed to create a tugging feeling within her, like her heart was squeezing. Her body was trying to feel, but anything besides the all to common surge of anger was foreign.

With a sigh she began scrawling down hiragana characters. Creating a detailed telling of what had happened since being forced to join this squad.

A few hours had passed and the scrolls tail was dangling down quiet a distance. Every so often Mio would pick it up and drape half across her legs. Though a few minutes later the seemingly slippery paper would slither back down.

Finally as the sun started to set she finished. Her hand ached and cramped as she rolled it back up.

Mio shook her head. Peering down below her she saw the exact same scene as a few hours before. Naruto and Sasuke padding up the trees. Sakura sitting by Kasakshi on the porch.

She took a heavy sigh, looking away. They seemed too peaceful, determined. Her fist clenched. She wanted to crush that. A surge of energy seeped into her veins, why did they get to be so carefree?

Finally she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Calming down Mio hopped off the tree and turned to Kakashi. "Yo, I'm going for a walk, don't wait up".

With a wave she strode off into the haven of trees, whistling a toon. Where she was going, Mio didn't even know herself.

×

Sorry I didn't realize it's been over a week since I've updated.

Hope you enjoyed it. Like always unedited.

Thanks for reading and voting 🥰