²2

|-

|-

"𝐖𝐡𝐲!" Sasuke yelled, "why did you kill them!" His throat burned from the power of his voice. The ninja was angry fighting radically, his fist punched the air where Itachi once stood his hand surrounded by wisps of lighting sparking off and dying in the air.

"Tell me Itachi" he seethed his brothers name diving after the weasel as he dodged.

The older Uchiha stared at his brother with deadened eyes, unaffected by his words. "Your weak, letting your emotions get to you" Itachi spoke calmly, tilting his head as another one of Sasuke's fists flew by.

"Shut up and answer me!" The avenger ratilated, clenching his jaw. He flipped back several times, his feet meeting the rocking and sliding back a disdance.

Sasuke huffed, forming the familiar hand signs and blowing the giant fireball towards his brother.

Itachi, matched Sasuke, their flaming spheres colliding at the same time. The cave ignited in a blaze of heat a wash of flames dancing and eventually dying out in a cloud of billowing smoke.

Through the haze Sasuke could still see the lanky form of Itachi. The younger brother clenched his teeth, whatever he threw, the weasel seemed to be one step ahead.

Sasuke would just have to capture Itachi in his strongest attack. That would work, it would have to.

For several minutes the avenger distracted his brother, throwing back to back, to back flame attacks. Itachi seemed ignorant to the small cloud growing above his head.

Though maybe he did notice, after all Itachi never planned to walk out of the cave alive.

"You wanted to know why I did it" the weasel drawled, trying to edge his brother on. Even though his voice was low, calm, Sasuke still managed to hear it over the loud attacks.

The avenger remained silent in an attempt to control his already raging emotions.

"Our clan was planning to attack and I had to choose, between Konoha and our clan". His flame colored susanoo formed around his body, lifting an arm to deflect another one of Sasuke's attacks.

"Tell me the truth" Sasuke snarled. He was tired of the lies, the game Itachi played with him.

The younger brothers eyes surfed up, glancing to sparking cloud above Itachi's head. A smirk rose on the avengers face as he activated it.

Striking beams of energy shot down, stabbing through and breaking Itachi's susanoo. Clouds of rubble and smoke covered the cave and clogging their lungs.

The ground rumbled, as lighting struck erratically, breaking through the caves ceiling and collapsing it. Streaks of light danced down splitting through the hollow darkness.

Sasuke ran to the caves edge, dodging chunks of rock and skidding to a stop at Mio's form. Protectively  the Uchiha hunched over her, shielding her from the rubble.

His ears rung as the lighting died, the smoke dissipated and for a second Sasuke felt victorious. Then his eyes fell on Itachi's form, the ninja stood stilled in his original position as if nothing had even happened.

The older brother raised his arm, beckoning Sasuke forward.

Sasuke glance down at Mio, slinging her over his sholder and jumping over to Itachi.

As he set her back down the avenger raised his fist to attack, but he was out of chakra and the chidori's chirping noice quickly died.

"Look at me" Itachi drawled, blood ran down from his eyes, scratches coated his skin. He was tired, but the battles end was near.

Begrudgedly Sasuke met his eyes "what?" he hissed.

"Listen" his brother ordered, the weasel slightly leaned towards the younger Uchiha.

"Things aren't just black and white Sasuke. There are reasons for everything, do you want to know the truth?" Itachi slightly smiled a small line of blood running from the corner of his mouth.

Sasuke hesitantly nodded, "tell me". His fist was still clenched, wanting to punch his brother out.

"The Konoha elders were warily of our clans strength, they sensed something off- and they were right. Our clan was planning an attack". Itachi moved to sit on a rock, he halted his explanation until Sasuke finally sat too.

"Danzo threatened me with your life, I was given the ultimatum between our clan and Konoha and I had to choose the village. If I hadn't you would've died and a war would have started". Itachi coughed, wiping the blood on his cloak. He waited patiently for Sasuke's reaction.

Sasuke sat in silence, his jaw clenched. His whole life he had been chasing after power to avenge to get revenge. It was obvious now, the Uchiha had been focusing on the wrong person.

"Danzo" the name slipped past the younger brothers lips with a hiss. That wrechet man had ruined not only his life, but Mio's too. Sasuke's eyes lifted to peer into his brothers "Itachi".

The older Uchiha shushed him his finger reaching out to press against Sasuke's forehead. "I'm sorry Sasuke".

"No" Sasuke retaliated, Itachi had done nothing wrong. How had their lives ended up this way?

The older brother smiled slightly, feeling his burden rise. Itachi collapsed, leaving Sasuke alone, out of chakra and debating which story was true.

×

Fighting scenes are hard 🤧

Sorry for the late update lovelies ♡♡

This book is almost over and I'm kinda sad :(

Shameless self promotion; I made a new Naruto book, read if you so desire.

Stay safe and have a good day lovelies!