vii

"She is a beast.
All in all, untameable".

♤♤♤

By the time the group reached Tanza's average sized home it was supper time. The sun had begun its decent and everyone was tired.

Mio decided to skip supper and instead retired upstairs in the room she was designated to share with Sakura. No one opposed to her creeping upstairs and no one tried to call her back. She was alone and she was used to it.

As Mio laid on the futon she could hear the faint sound of laughter below her. How long had been she'd last laughed? How long since she smiled? Mio felt a unending feeling of stillness. Nothing every changed.

It wasn't long until she drifted into sleep.

She awoke when Sakura tried to creep into the room. The creek of the sliding door and padding of footsteps awoke Mio. Still she pretended to sleep in Hope's of avoiding a conversation with the pink haired girl.

She breathed a sigh of discontent as the soft breathing of Sakura could be heard. Try as she might Mio couldn't return to a slumber, she could never sleep around people.

Annoyed she kicked off her covers and with a grunt stood up. When ever she moved her wounds seemed to hurt. Looking down she saw the slightly good soiled bandages and her now purple hand. She flapped it around biting away a scream, she deffietly try and fix that.

For the next ten minutes she rummaged through the house trying to find medical supplies. It several minutes later that she tottered outside and plopped down on the deck.

It was a dark night, the moon barley visible. The only light shed on her was from the twinkling porch light. Yet even that flickered threatening to leave her.

Whistling a solemn toon she proceeded to unwrap all her bandages leaving a modestly sized pile beside her. With a green glowing hand she used weak medical ninjutsu to heal the deeper cuts a little more.

Mio was no medical ninja, not by far. In fact she cant even heal an inch deep cut. So she could only heal each wound a little, just to stop any future bleeding.

With one hand she struggled to wrap new off white bandages around each wound. Then all that was left was her hand.

Just looking at it made her grimace. The peachy skin had turned into a sickly purple with one or two small, dark blood puddles. How should she proceed?

A few meters above on the roof a stoic Sasuke sat. With Narutos snoring sleep wasn't going to happen. Not now, or anytime soon. He watched the usual angry girl silently struggle. He muffled a laugh and continued watching silently. She seemed to amuse him.

After a good five minutes of trying to use chakra to heal her hand she saw no difference, her skill simply wasn't high enough. With an annoyed huff she flicked the wrist of her broken hand. Why couldn't it just fall off? That'd be easier!

She wailed as pain radiated up her fingers. Maybe taking the pain out on the hand wasn't best.

Giving up she huffed and wrapped the throbbing hand in bandages until there was more cotton than flesh. It looked like a marshmallow. Annoyed, Mio slapped the hand down on the patio, and once again reeled in pain. So, maybe the thick padded layer of bandaged did little to stop the pain.

Sasuke finally grew bored of watching the distressed Mio and decided to help. He jumped down, rattling the deck as he landed. He smirked confidently as though he was better than her.

"Go away" she glared at him while cradling her hand.

Sasuke only glared back before walking away, if she didn't want her help then she didn't deserve it.

"Wait" she gritted her teeth and slapped her broken hand back down on the deck by accident. "Come back". As uncharacteristic as it maybe Mio needed help and if it was going to come from anyone, might as well come from a fellow Uchiha.

Silently Sasuke returned and started tightening the loose bandages around her torso, arms and legs. With it only want it became apprent how little she could do.

He then moved on to her hand, unwrapping it and analyzing it. Yep, it was broken, maybe even shattered. What would be the best approach?

"Wait here" he spoke lowly before walking off into the yard.

Behind his back Mio only rolled her eyes, she wasn't one to take instructions well, yet for some reason she stayed put.

A few minutes later he came back with a few sticks. For the next hour he would spend his time tieing small sticks to the broken fingers. This worked to realign the bones somewhat and protect them. However  anytime he moved her hand he watched her bite her tongue in pain.

After wards they simply sat in silence watching the moon rise high in the sky.

Mio, numb from the pain didnt even feel the mornings light and she had no energy left to push the Uchiha male away so she simply let him stay.

Slowly with heavy eyes she finally seemed to descend into sleep.

▪︎

New chapter! Thanks for reading and sorry for any mistakes.

Thanks for all votes reads and comments!☆☆