xix

"And she left ashes"

♤♤♤

Mio watched as her team entered the examination room. Sasuke, who had fought looked slightly beat up, but otherwise fine. The three however arrived with only a minute or two to spare. They had cut it close, too close of Mio's liking.

"You're late" she stood in front her group, a scowl on her face.

Sakura huffed placing her hands upon her hips, "no we aren't".

Mio glared at her teammate, maybe she was warming up the group a little. Yet still she wouldn't hesitate to save her skin over theirs and that pinkette was only making the decision easier.

"Woah! What are those?" Naruto had strayed away from the female's staring contest to ogle a grey haired boy. He played with a deck of cards, reading peoples abilities.

"These" the boy lifted a card "are special cards, by putting my chakra into them I can find out the skills and abilities of many people".

Naruto kneeled to peer closer at the cards, "that's so cool!"

"Thanks, I'm Kabuto, want to learn about anyone in particular?"

Sasuke took a step forwards, "Gaara of the sand, Lee and Mio" he spared the raven haired girl a glance.

She was angry, Sasuke had no right to pry into her life! "Sasuke" she growled "shut up and back off".

The Uchiha only shrugged and looked back to Kabuto.

Mio huffed before kicking Kabuto's stack of cards. "I don't care who you read, but don't read me. I will kill you" her food pressed down on the boy's hand before she finally walked away.

Kabuto sighed shakily, "I was going to warn you about how hard this exam is, but with her on your team I don't think you'll need it".

"What do you mean?" Sakura asked. What exactly were they getting into?

"Well, I've done this seven times and I still havent passed" Kabuto scratched his cheek.

Before anyone could reply the intimidating first examinater walked in. Everyone moved to take a seat.

"Now" the man spoke. "This first exam is a written one, you have one hour to complete it. No matter what dont cheat, if you do, you will fail. And if one person fails then so does that whole team".

The man had a scarred face and if that wasn't intimidating enough, he was also Konoha's head interrogater.

He opened his mouth again, "in the last ten minuets and extra question will be given that must be completed. Oh, and one last thing- if you fail this year you can never re-take the exam again".

With a deadly smirk he slammed his palms against the front desk. "Your hour begins now".

Mio nodded to herself, scanning the exam questions. These questions were too hard. No one here would be able to answer them easily. Even herself who grew up in the root only knew the first question.

Her eyes squinted into a glare. She would have to cheat.

The first step was finding the right person to cheat off of. Luckily the rumored genius Shikamaru was a row infront of her.

Now Mio just had to choose the best method of cheating. Surely the best method would be to simply try and read off his sheet. Luckly the boy didn't even try to hide his sheet. So if Mio leaned just a little forwards and to the left she could make out his messy lettering.

Within the first half hour she had completed all nine questions. Now, she only had to wait for the tenth question. Easy.

Mio sat back and peered around the room. She was not the only person who cheated, but was apparently better at it than most. Half the room had been cleared out from poor cheaters.

Luckily, from what she could see, her team was still here. Mio only prayed they wouldn't screw this up, knowing Naruto however, Mio suspected they would fail.

"It is time for the last question" the instructor strode across the front of the classroom. "I must warn you before, if you get this question wrong then you fail this whole exam. I will give you one chance. Leave now and you can retake the exam next year".

Mio watched as another few people gave in and left. Still, her team stayed, determined.

"Last chance" the man spoke. He waited, watching for anyone else to give in. "Okay. Congratulations, you have passed the first exam".

×

We made it to 1k!

I love you all, thanks 💖💖

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I love all votes reads and comments.

Before I go- reminder- this is unedited 😝