x

Update days back to back
Because, why not?

"Come, come,
Let me show you
Something"

"Come, come,Let me show you Something"

♤♤

The trees canopied over her casting crawling shadows. They crawled closer to her eloping her in unfathomable darkness.

Her vision seemed to stretch and smash into a blend of shapes and colors. What was happening? With a stagger her back hit a nearby tree. The bark scratched at Mio's skin as her body sunk to the dirt.

Her fingers dug into the soft ground, clogging up her nails. The earth was cold and damp. With a bent neck the eyes surfed on the shaky image of the above branches.

Her body felt like it was evaporating. Disappearing like a cloud of fog. Mio looked to her hands which shook. They stayed, not melting away.

Her broken hand felt like with ever bit of pressure to was falling into itself and turning to mush. It was a throbbing pain that turned into a cold, numbing feeling. It was gone, the pain.

With a distressed cry she beat her hand on the ground again. Nothing was felt. Her fingers dug and clawed into the dark dirt. Her head knocked roughly against the stump.

Why was it gone, the pain.

She stopped with a desperate sigh, her chest heaving with breath that couldn't seem to get caught. All Mio wanted was to feeling, but even the pain had diluted away.

With a shake of her head she closed her eyes for a brief second. Accepting a moment of silence and a deep breath. Then, as she peeled her eyes open again everything seemed normal.

Between the trees behind her, Mio could still see Naruto trying to climb the tree. She could still hear as his footsteps slammed on the bark. All to no avail. Why didn't he give up?

Once again she closed her eyes, a deep breath was sucked.

Then she felt it, a soft brushing motion against her face. Under her eye a stroking motion.

Peering up she saw him. The stotic Uchiha. He must have seen her through the fog of trees. He must have pitied her, why else would he come.

"Why are you crying dobe" he pulled his hand back, his fingertips shinning with tears.

Shocked Mio lifted a dirt ridden hand to her face. Under her eye she felt wetness. She stared at her fingers confused. "What is this?"

He sighed "you're crying baka".

Lifting her head she stared at him. "What?"

He shook his head and moved to sit beside her on the cool dirt. "Tears" he brushed below her eye again, this time she tried to pull away, only to knock her head on the wood. "Your eyes cry tears when sad. .  or happy".

Mio sniffled, trying to stop the apprent tears from falling. To no avail as her eyes refused to stop. With her broken hand she slapped the ground again. This time a jolt of pain rang through her hands like electricity.

For a reason unbeknownst to her, she started laughing. The kind of crazy laugh that's uncontrollable and makes you think you'll die from suffocating. The kind that shakes your shoulders.

Sasuke only stared at her silently. Waiting almost as she seemed to break down.

Mio had never felt this way.

As her laughes claimed and tears dried her body was left shaking. Her lungs burned like fire, but her body. Her body felt so light, like it was made of air. Her mind seemed to float along with her head.

This sensation was weird.

The duo sat quietly and just peered at each other. It was the same savory silence which seemed to illuminate that night he fixed her hand.

After a while he picked up her hand, the broken one. He examined it, the dirt dyed wrappings and broken twigs. "You should go to the doctor".

She rolled her eyes. Her body had landed back down and that airy feeling had evaporated. "Don't tell me what to do".

Then she felt it. As soon as the words dropped from her tongue, the taste of regret. Mio was drawn the Uchiha with an electrifying surge. That connection was dangerous and in turn, it had to die.

He grunted "fine. Die if you want to. See if I care idiot". With that the boy stood and walked back to their team.

Sitting their Mio could feel it. The familiar bubbling of hot lava within her. Irritated she stood and leaned on the rough bark of the tall tree.

He stomach twisted and turned before forcing her heave and vomit whatever she'd ate. The pale yellow substance splashed against a rock and splattered not only on her feet, but also the surrounding greenery.

With a horse cough Mio pushed away and stored farther into the woods. Her heart stung.

×

Chapter 10!

Hope you enjoyed it, thanks for 100 reads! 🌟