Ch.7 Mary Jane

***

Dedication goes to the awesome @Pinky33605!! Thank you for the lovely comments and for your constant voting. I hope you continue supporting this story and stay tuned for the rest of Genevieve's ride with The Hybrid!!!

*****

My heart was pounding in my chest and the air got stuck in my lungs. My head was swarming with questions as I replayed his words again.

Will you be good for mommy and daddy and take your medicine? I'll be home really soon. I love you.

He had a kid, a daughter to be exact. A cute little girl, yet she wasn't our kid. She was created from Remy and another woman, who wasn't me. Who was her mother and where was she? At least if she was a bitch I could hate her easily. Did all three of them live together? Could I handle him already having a family? Did he expect me to take this information with a smile? I wouldn't be the side chick nor did I come with him to stay hidden. I needed time to think about all of this.

I could faintly hear as the girl said her goodbyes before Remy ended the call. I tried creeping back in to the room silently but my body had other plans. I felt the familiar scratchy feeling in the back of my throat just as I brought my hand over my mouth, covering the oncoming cough. I cursed the small cold in my head. Remy's head turned in my direction, no look of surprise on his face. Had he known I was there for the end of the conversation?

"I didn't mean to easedr-"

"Her name is MJ, short for Mary Jane. She is the sweetest little girl in the world and I'd do anything to make my baby sister happy." Remy spoke with a big smile on his face when he mentioned his sister.

I couldn't help but let a sigh of relief out, which didn't go unnoticed by Remy. I mentally scolded myself, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions but can you blame me? I grew up knowing he might have killed his mother and father, which led me to believe, he probably didn't have any siblings, especially as young as Mary Jane. I needed answers. Remy's history obviously isin't how I expected. I moved from my awkward position by the door, and sat down on the brown leather couch next to Remy.

"I didn't know you had a sister, a young one at that."

"Obviously since you thought she was my daughter." He grinned, moving into a sitting position on the couch so we were face to face.

I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks in embarrassment. I had been so quick to think she was his daughter and not that there might be a chance that he had a sister.

"Was I that obvious?" I asked, rubbing my temples as my head suddenly started to throb.

"Your emotions towards her mother are what gave it away." Remy chuckled, before his face twisted in to one of concern.

"Genevieve you need to lay back down." He told me, afterwards pulling me up off the couch with him. With a hand on my lower back, he led me into the bedroom and back onto the bed. Just a simple touch as that from Remy, had reduced the throbbing in my head, although it quickly returned when he stepped away from the bed.

"Can you get sick?" I questioned hoping his answer would be a 'no'.

"Random but the answer is no." I smiled at the revelation before scooting over in the king sized bed.

"Will you lay down with me? Your touch is very soothing." I explained with a shy smile on my face.

His smile got wider, followed by him pulling off his black v neck. His torso was an amazing sight to look at; drool worthy abs and sexy tattoos. He walked over to the bed, pulled the covers back before getting in and pulling the covers up again. I felt his large hand engulf my smaller one, afterwards intertwining our fingers. I stared at the ceiling, just enjoying his touch.

"Tell me about Mary Jane." Remy seemed really hooked to Mary Jane and vice versa. If she played a huge roll in his life then I wanted to know more about her.

"There is not much to say. She's sweet and smart, very caring, strong. She's an eight year old leukemia survivor. She loves ice cream and she hates anything that has more than four legs." He spoke with a genuine smile on his face. I could tell by his words that Mary Jane meant everything to him. I felt sympathy for the young girl. Cancer was tough to beat and in many cases the patient endured a lot of pain. I admired Mary Jane for not giving up and to have the will to fight against such an aggressive sickness.

"When was she diagnosed?" I questioned, sitting up more so I could look at Remy as he spoke.

"Almost two years ago. The leukemia was luckily in one of the first stages so there was hope. MJ was declared a survivor about two weeks ago." He smiled, his eyes twinkling from the great memory.

"It must have been hard for a six year old to find out she has an illness. I can't imagine going through something so life changing at a young age like that. It's never easy even when your not the one who is dealing with the sickness. I know you were a great help in her recovery." I stated, giving his hand a strong squeeze.

Remy turned his head in my direction, his deep blue eyes showed happiness. Beforé I could realize what had happened, Remy kissed my lips softly before settling back down in his previous position. My stomach filled with butterflies from the short but sweet kiss. I fought against pulling him back to me and getting another kiss. I wanted to take this slow but could I really deny the attraction between us?

"So when are we leaving?" I asked trying to regain focus and forget about his warm plump lips.

"In a couple of hours actually. Then from the Maui airport, we'll make a short stop at Caroline's house to pick up the medicine for you and then we'll be on our way to our house, so you can rest." He explained, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles gently.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. The name Caroline sounded familiar.

"Who is Caroline?"

"My mother." My eyes widened in surprise. Now I was totally confused. I bit my lower lip, unsure if I should ask about the situation with his mother, who I thought was dead but is actually alive.

Remy surprised me again by kissing the back of my hand. "Genevieve, you shouldn't have to worry about asking me something or be scared to, ever." He told me, putting emphasis on 'ever'. "Just ask."

"Isn't she dead?" I rushed out. "I mean obviously she isin't sense we are going to her house but didn't you...?" I trailed off, not wanting to speak the words if they weren't true.

"Didn't I what ... kill her?" Remy chuckled. Why was he chuckling, this was not even close to being funny.

"Genevieve, not everything you heard about me is true, you do know that right?" He asked, grey eyes staring at me intently.

"That's the problem Remy! I don't know you! I don't know what's true and what isn't. I don't know what to believe and what not to." I answered frustrated. It was true. I barley knew Remy and I was already laying next to him in bed. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. Everything is moving so fast. I could barely think straight with all that was going on.

"Calm down, Genevieve. We have another three hours before we have to leave for the airport. If your not too tired, you can ask me anything and I'll answer truthfully." He smiled, brushing away some of the fallen strands of hair that fell out of my ponytail.

"But just to ensure it doesn't get too boring, we will add a little twist." Remy grinned, showing off his perfect teeth.

"And what will that be?" I questioned, ignoring the warm feeling in my stomach from all the butterflies I kept on getting.

"For each answer I give you, you have to give me a kiss." Remy smirked before pursing his lips and wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

***

Vote, comment and follow!! Share this story with your friends, family and followers if you like it so far.