Ch.34 Naked

***UNEDITED + THE COVER FOR BOOK TWO (THAT IS NOT REMY. IT IS THE NEW MALE LEAD)***

Tears streamed down Genevieve's temples as she silently cried, after listening to the paramedic tell Remy about the baby.

Remy glanced at Genevieve for answers, his face emotionless. When he saw the fear in Genevieve's eyes, he knew that the paramedic was telling the truth. Remy was frozen for a second, before he removed the oxygen mask on Genevieve's face. He kissed her softly, afterwards putting the oxygen mask back on.

"Everything is going to be fine. We are going to be fine." Remy assured Genevieve, timidly placing his hand on Genevieve's lower stomach.

.

.

"Family Van Acker." The pack doctor called, as he walked into the small waiting room.

Remy, Spencer and Nick were up within seconds, all three men awaiting Genevieve's diagnosis.

The older werewolf led the trio into Genevieve's room, where she lay asleep. He motioned for them to take a seat on the cheap couch. Genevieve's dads took up the small place on the couch, as Remy preferred to stand next to his mate's bed.

"On the CAT scan, we seen a large Subdural Hematoma that is putting pressure on her brain. It's important that Genevieve be treated within the next few hours. Surgery is not recommended, due to the early pregnancy, but we have no other options. The Surgery is not complicated, but we have to have in mind that is considered a brain surgery. I'll be performing a Burr Hole Trephination, which requires drilling a small hole in the skull over the area of the subdural hematoma, and the blood is suctioned out through the hole. Her recovery will take a week, possibly two." The doctor explained the whole procedure without skipping a beat.

Nick and Spencer walked out with the educated doctor, seeing as they had further questions. Remy couldn't glance at Genevieve, knowing that he should have been there to prevent this whole brain injury incident. He held her hand, his cold eyes flickering towards the not yet existing baby bump.

Remy was scared, not only for Genevieve but also for their child. He had expected minor complications if they decided to bring a little hybrid into the world, only now they had bigger and more serious problems. Remy was still clueless as to what had happened that night Luke was supposed to pick up Genevieve. Nor had Remy had the time to ask Genevieve about that night. Her dads were no big help either, although it was understandable; they didn't want to expose their daughters privacy.

Remy lifted Genevieve's limp hand to his mouth, and planted a soft kiss across her knuckles. He stared hard at her lower stomach, a warm sensation enclosing around his heart. Without looking back, Remy walked out of the white hospital room and completely out of the hospital, passing Spencer and Nick on his way.

Remy leaned against the brick wall across from the hospital, the afternoon sun beaming down on his pale skin. He pulled out his phone and called Levi for advice. Once the wizard answered, Remy recalled what the pack doctor had told him just minutes ago.

"I think I should try and change her. It would help her, speed up the process of healing, right?" Remy asked Levi, his grey eyes scanning cautiously over the parking lot of the hospital.

Levi's sigh could be heard over the phone. "Have you had time to sit down and talk to Genevieve about the recent events?"

"Not exactly, but I know about the pregnancy and stuff. Just tell me if you think changing her is the right choice." Remy replied, ignoring the curious stares from members of the red moon pack.

"I can't tell you if it's the right choice or not. Changing Genevieve right now could seriously harm the embryo, especially with the high chance of the baby not being yours."