Ch.42 Beauty With The Beast

**UNEDITED

"Don't faint before I put the ring on." Remy chuckled lightly.

"I love you Remy Monroe." Genevieve laughed, watching as Remy slid the diamond ring on her finger. "It's beautiful."

"So are you baby, so are you." Remy kissed his fiancé passionately.

They were a couple that would be together now and forever.
___

"So when's the baby girl due?" Caroline asked, while sipping some of her fresh brewed tea.

Genevieve sat across from Remy's mother, a small smile on her face. "Levi thinks in about two weeks."

Caroline nodded, her thin eyebrows raised. "Will he be the assisting doctor or have you chosen a different doctor?"

"Remy and I think it's best if it's Levi." Genevieve explained, rubbing the top of her big baby bump. "He's kind of been our doctor from the start."

"It's great that everything is going perfectly for you two. Remy's never been happier than in this past year and a half." Caroline admitted, with a certain honesty in her voice.

Genevieve looked away, a little shy from the compliment. "Thank you, Caroline. It means a lot to us that you support us."

Caroline chuckled lightly. "Of course. Remy and Mary Jane are my children and all I want is for them to be happy. Remy's already found his happiness and now it's just my little girl. For the future I hope she has a mate, if not that than at least a great husband."

Genevieve smiled. "Mary Jane is absolutely the sweetest little girl, she'll find happiness either way."

Sighing Contently, Caroline asked. "How's Remy doing with the new responsibility?"

"I never had doubt he'd be anything less than a great leader." Genevieve confessed, her brown eyes bright as she mentioned Remy. "I just hope it isn't too much stress on him."

Caroline patted the back of Genevieve's hand, a soft smile on her face. "Everything will fall into it's place. I believe everything happens for a reason. So maybe it might be hard to adapt to the new changes; but in time, everything will settle down and become the new normal."

"Let's hope you're right." Genevieve laughed lightly.

....

"Beauty and the Beast?" Remy asked his younger sister.

"Is it okay if we read beauty and the beast Maxie?" Mary Jane asked the young pup, who was quietly seated on her pink bean bag.

Maddox nodded with a small smile on his chubby face, but didn't proceed to verbally state his opinion.

"Comfortable?" Remy glanced between the two, with the overused children's book in his hand.

Maddox nodded, the sleeves of his batman shirt covering his small fingers. Mary Jane grinned happily at her big brother, despite the common cold she had. When was she ever not ready to hear her favorite story?

Remy snapped open the thin book that was slowly falling apart, and began to read the lines he had already read thousands of times before.

It had been a stressful week, since Remy proposed to Genevieve at their waterfall. The Shadow Steele pack was struggling to adjust to the fact that Remy was alpha and as alpha of the pack, he had the final word. Most of the shifters were happy that such a powerful man was leading their pack, but than you had certain adults and elders that didn't like the way Remy had just painted himself into the picture. They were convinced that Remy had planned this all; the fae attack, the torture of Maddox, the rescue just to convince Maddox to give him the alpha position.