Ch.38 Maddox

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORTIVE MESSAGES. THEY MEAN SO MUCH TO ME!!!

FAE = FAIRY

A dark brown wolf stepped out of the shadows, a slight limp in it's walk. The other two wolves remained in the shadows of the trees. Slowly the exposed wolf transformed, taking on human features. Matt brown hair, dark green eyes and a toned body.

"I'm Harvey ... are you the hybrid?" The young teenage boy asked, although there was no real question behind his words.

Remy growled again, stepping forward. "Leave!"

The tall boy trembled, tears welling up in his young eyes. " W-we need your help, p-please."

Harvey looked back into the shadows of the woods, motioning with his hand for the other two to come out. A larger werewolf walked out of the shadows, with a tiny pup limping behind him.

"We are from the Shadow Steele Pack. T-that's King and Maddox." Harvey pointed to the two wolves, the larger one with a ash blonde colored coat and the young pup with a black coat and a crimson marking on his chest.

Remy couldn't have cared less about their names, nor had he ever heard of the Shadow Steele Pack. "Get to the point!"

"O-our pack is being h-held by a dark fae. We need your h-help, please." Harvey stuttered, nervously looking at the 6'8 man.

"No." Remy flat out stated, before glaring at the blonde wolf, who tried to sneak a look at Genevieve.

"Remy, at least listen to what he has to say." Genevieve whispered, afterwards eyeing the whimpering pup with the dirtied fur.

Remy looked at the small pup too, his eyes zeroing on the blood the matted the wolf's fur. "How did you three escape if your pack is being held by a dark fae?"

"We ran. The fae wanted King and I to bring Maddox down to the basement, we were supposed to kil-"

Suddenly lightning struck the dark sky, scaring Maddox as he howled out, his pacific blue eyes pulling with tears.

"We should go back to the house." Genevieve suggested as soon as heavy rain started pouring down on them.

Remy looked between his pregnant mate and the three werewolves in need. "We can't trust them. We don't even know them."

"We m-mean no harm." Harvey assured. "Please, y-you have to believe us."

Remy tried focusing in on their heartbeats. The only one that stood out was the one from the youngest pup, Maddox. It was beating too slow, he was injured.

"Remy, he's bleeding." Genevieve fussed over Maddox, as the young pup curled into him self, shielding the wounds on his hind legs.

"Let's go." Remy called to the full bred wolves. "The first second I sense a shift in your behavior, you're gone."

Remy held Genevieve impossibly close, while watching the three werewolves with cautious eyes. They reached the car at the edge of the forest, not a single person in sight.

"He goes in the car." Remy motioned over to Maddox, before looking back at the other two teen shifters. "We are running there."

They nodded and helped Maddox into the backseat. Genevieve kissed Remy's cheek, before getting into the drivers seat. Surprisingly she was calmer then Remy, not really threatened by the young werewolves.

"Move Beau into the doghouse out in the back." Remy told Genevieve. Three full bred wolves and a dog was not a combination Remy wanted to try that night.