Ch.11 Thorn In My Flesh

!!BEST COMMENT GETS A DEDICATION!!

He's the thorn in my flesh

That I can't take out

He's stealing my breath

When you're around

And now you're trying to convince me

He wasn't worthy

But you can't complete me

He's the part that is missing

I miss him, I'm missing him

_______

"Damn, your hot." Sebastian's older brother Tucker smirked, ogling Ava with half lidded eyes.

Ava was disgusted, but remembered to remain polite. This was Sebastian's family. "Uh, thanks."

"I can't believe you're dating Sebastian." Tucker continued, leaning towards Ava more than necessary. "If you're into the whole family thing, we could give it a go."

"No thank you." Ava replied, with a tight lipped smile. "I'm going to go find Sebastian."

Ava had already began to leave the room, when Tucker yelled. "I know you'll be back and I'll be waiting."

His words made Ava just jog up the stairs faster, and into the arms of Sebastian as he stood at the top of the stairs.

"What's wrong, babe?" Sebastian asked, brown eyes searching Ava's pale face.

"Nothing, I just wanted to rest for a while. Can we go into your room?" Ava asked, giving Sebastian the convincing pout.

"Sure." He kissed her forehead, before walking her into his old bedroom.

Ava and Sebastian laid on his bed, bodies pressed together, a calming silence between them.

"I love you, Ava." Sebastian suddenly said, fingers intertwined with hers.

Ava couldn't look at him, couldn't find anything to say. What was she supposed to say? Sebastian was the sweetest and Ava liked him a lot. In fact she loved him, but she wasn't in love with him and if she told him that now, it'd be too much. Sebastian's grandfather just passed, and him and Sebastian were close. He had to be hurting, and Ava didn't want to make him hurt more.

But she couldn't force the words out of her mouth.

"Do you love me too?" Sebastian asked, his voice shaking with uncertainty.

Ava closed her eyes, and removed her hand from Sebastian's and used it to grasp the snowflake pendant of her necklace . "Sebastian, please don't do this now."

"Don't do what?! Ava we've been together for almost a year. We are mates and you can't tell me you love me?!" Sebastian asked, jumping off the bed as he stood above Ava, a scowl on his face.

Ava stood up as well. She didn't like the thought of Sebastian staring her down as if she was the scum of the earth. She tried to contain her own anger, yet Sebastian wasn't making it easy.

"I mean seriously, I've been nothing but a good boyfriend. You cheated on me with Maddox, - I forgave you. You wanted to wear the stupid necklace he bought you, - I didn't say anything. Your family doesn't like me, but I stayed for you. And now I tell you I love you and you can't even give me a reply?!"

"I can't ... I can't give you a reply, because I ... I t-think Maddox is my mate." Ava finally said, meeting Sebastian's angry eyes. She didn't think Maddox was her mate, she knew he was. She had seen it, felt it and ignored it.