Ch.22 Hearts Connected

As if the blackout and cold wind wasn't enough, it began to rain heavily. Big rain drops pelted against the different trees and plants.

Remy groaned, pulling Genevieve even closer to his body if that was possible. Genevieve chuckled in response, her small hands holding onto Remy's thin cotton shirt.

Within minutes the couple was soaked from head to toe, as they stood at the edge of the forest, waiting for their ride. 

 *Not edited*

The couple had been home for almost fifteen minutes. The house was dark, just like the whole island. Levi had brought a flashlight for the couple, because he knew Remy wouldn't have any at his house. Why should he, he did have night vision. Remy gave the flashlight to Genevieve, so she could at least take a shower.

Remy himself was already done with his hot shower, when he made his way downstairs into the spacious living room. He had had something planned for them, but due to the blackout he couldn't fulfil those plans. He was determined though to give Genevieve a romantic evening and a tiny bit of Remy therapy (on the side), before he had to inform her about the following seven days.

He pulled the vanilla scented candles from the package and placed them around the room telekinetically. After lighting each one, he pulled a few blankets from the hallway storage closet. Remy set those up in the middle of the living room building a large fort. Adding many fluffy pillows, he looked around thinking of anything else that could be done.

Remy hurried into MJ's room and grabbed the baby oil from inside her medicine cabinet. He placed that and two bottles of water inside the fort, afterwards going into the kitchen and grabbing a few fruits for his mate. He washed and cut the strawberries and put them into a small bowl, repeating the process again with the honey dew melon.

As soon as Remy heard Genevieve coming downstairs, he brought the bowls of fruit into the living room. Placing them on the small coffee table,

he waited for Genevieve.

She walked into the living room slowly, her steps timid as she glanced around the room. The many candles casted a beautiful glow across her skin and the scent of sweet vanilla drifted through her nose. Her dark brown hair rested against her shoulders, tickling the sensitive skin there. She wore a old shirt from Remy that ended just above her knees, paired with cotton shorts.

When their eyes finally met, Remy gave Genevieve a big smile, sharp fangs resting against his lips, his eyes fading from dark grey into a shiny blue.

"You didn't have to do all this." Genevieve confessed, looking around the room again, afterwards thanking Remy with a tight hug.

"I don't mind." Remy replied kissing her forehead softly.

Remy led Genevieve into the fort, everything else forgotten. It was just them for the night.

Remy could tell Genevieve was a little anxious as to what he had planned. Every few minutes she would glance at the baby oil, each time her heart rate speeding up. Remy was saving that part for last, so they ate some of the fruit and talked about their likes and dislikes, the small stuff.

But wasn't it the small things that made big impacts?

"I can't take it anymore Remy, what is the baby oil for?" Gen asked, the unknown causing her to get nervous and fidgety.

Remy chuckled. "I think we should give each other massages, not only to relax but I want you to feel comfortable in your own skin."

It was the things like that, that made Genevieve speechless and so overwhelmed with ... love.