Ch.40 Powder Complexion

***UNEDITED + THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING ALL THE QUESTIONS IN THE LAST UPDATE. I READ ALL THE COMMENTS AND I THINK THE SECOND BOOK WILL BE GOOD!***

Remy's phone vibrated in his pocket for the second time that morning. He looked at the caller ID, -Levi. As the crowd talked between each other, Remy took the moment to answer his phone.

"Levi?" He asked, walking into his house for just an ounce of privacy.

"L-lily, ... she tried k-killing herself." Levi stuttered, despite his usual confident demeanor.

"Where is she now?" Remy asked calmly, while grabbing his car keys.

"We're at the coven house."

Remy started jogging up the stairs. "I'll be there in twenty."

"She won't talk to anyone." Levi muttered. "I ... I don't know what to do ..."

Remy stood before his bedroom, hand on the doorknob. "She'll talk to me."

He ended the call with a quiet sigh, before walking into his bedroom.

"Baby, I have to go deal with something real quick." Remy kneeled in front of Genevieve, who laid curled up the large bed with a pale face.

"Is everything alright?" Genevieve asked worriedly.

"Yeah." He kissed her warm forehead. "Just relax and get some rest. If you have another dizzy spill or you're in pain call me."

"Don't worry all the time. I'm just a little pale but that's perfectly normal for a vampire pregnancy." Genevieve smiled at him, her lips bright red.

Vampires are naturally pale. Remy thought to himself, but decided to let it go.

"The pack is outside right now, deciding where everybody is going to be sleeping for the next few nights."

Genevieve nodded, forcing a smile as Remy watched her with unconvinced eyes.

"This weekend it's just you and me." Remy flashed his glowing blue eyes at Gen, while reaching up with one hand to gently push her hair behind her ear. Remy leaned in for a kiss, but pulled back just as their lips brushed each other.

He grinned at her, fingertips caressing the sensitive skin on her neck. "Save that kiss for me."

Genevieve groaned, but couldn't hide her smile. "You're such a tease."

Quickly Remy's hand came up, seizing her by the back of her head and dragging her mouth down to his, smothering her words with the touch of his mouth. Remy claimed her plump lips, trailing the warm tip of his tongue along the seam of her lips in a quest for entrance. She gasped softly and he deepened the kiss, sliding his tongue inside her mouth, gliding it against hers with heated passion.

Remy pulled back and pecked her lips quickly. "More of that tonight, right now I have to go."

Genevieve's cheeks were flushed, her heart racing as she closed her eyes and let her head fall back against the pillows. When she opened her eyes again Remy was already gone.

..

Remy opened the door to Lily's bedroom, her flowery scent filling his nose as the color pink stabbed at his eyes. Lily was hidden under the thin blanket, only her head visible with her black long hair in a messy bun on the top of her head. Remy knocked on the door, before stepping in and making eye contact with the young woman.

Remy knew that this time he needed to confront Lily in a more delicate way. He hadn't meant to push her over the edge that time they talked. Understanding that Lily was undeniably in love with him, he needed to lighten his approach.