Ch.8 Make A Choice

In the end

Everyone ends up alone

Losing her

The only one who's ever known

Who I am

Who I'm not, who I wanna be

_________

Comment please and don't forget to vote!

_____________

"Av we're calling Roman in ten."  Sawyer called through the closed bedroom door of Ava's and Sebastian's temporary room.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute." Ava yelled back, before getting out of bed.

Ava sat down in front of her  open suitcase, searching for a casual outfit for the day, when Sebastian walked out of their bathroom.

"Babe, do you know what we're doing today?" He asked, rubbing his damp hair with a small towel.

Ava could feel the guilt washing over her like a tsunami, her hands trembling as she looked up at Sebastian. "Can we talk?"

"Sure. What's wrong?" Sebastian took a seat next to Ava on the floor, kissing her cheek as he awaited Ava's words.

Ava didn't know how to start, how to tell her boyfriend she kissed someone else. Her parents had prepared her for most things in life, had the talk with her about everything a teenage girl should know. But they never prepared her for the day she would have to confess to cheating on her boyfriend. Ava was sure her parents would be disappointed if they found out.

As a few minutes passed between the teenagers in silence, Ava grew even more anxious. Sebastian was the sweetest boy she knew, with his Bambi eyes, boyish smile  the cute dimples in his cheeks. He was the definition of the-boy-next-door; charming, honest, confident without being arrogant.

How could she admit to cheating on him when he was the perfect boyfriend?

Ava felt like a whore for kissing Maddox, but the reality of the whole situation made it worse. Had she not assured Sebastian multiple times that their was nothing between Maddox and her? Not only did she feel like a whore, but also like a lying bitch.

The guilt finally caught up to Ava and she felt the tears rolling down her icy cold cheeks. "I ... I kissed Maddox."

She said it. It was a small whisper, but Sebastian had heard.

"When?" He asked, unconsciously putting space between their bodies. 

".... I didn't mean to.  We were s-supposed to talk and it just happened."  Ava couldn't look at Sebastian. She didn't want to see his reaction, because then the look of disgust, betrayal and anger would be imprinted in her memory.

"When?" His voice was deeper, laced with anger

"Last night."

Ava jumped when Sebastian's hand landed over hers, his fingers intertwining with hers, before gently squeezing. When Ava looked up at Sebastian and met his eyes, she felt the guilt wash over her once again.

Sebastian leaned forward, and when Ava thought he was going to kiss her, -he did but on the forehead. Sebastian quickly got up and began to slip on his shoes.

"Sebastian?" Ava whispered, watching as he pulled on his jacket. "... I-I'm ... sorry."

"I know you are Ava." Sebastian said, stuffing his wallet in his back pocket. "I need time to think."