Ch.2 Remy Monroe

Hearing my name come out of his mouth sent my heart into overdrive. I pushed my burning legs faster, willing them to carry on, my ponytail swinging from side to side. The cold air rushed by my face, at the same time bringing tears to my eyes. This was not possible! I couldn't be his. I was human, not some supernatural being! I didn't belong in the five percent of the human mates. I was normal, one hundred percent normal!

"Genevieve," He called. "You can't hide from me." He sounded closer, too close.

Don't look back. I thought to myself, while trying to run faster.

The moonlight reflected against the near by river. I knew I would regret this; I could possibly get hypothermia, yet, with shaking limbs, I jumped into the water. The cold water stabbed my skin like little needles. I held my breath, hoping I could hold it long enough for me to lose him. I shut my eyes tightly, praying that this would be over soon.

Unfortunately, my lungs gave out too soon and I, almost unconsciously, swam back up to the surface. I looked around anxiously with water dripping down my face. It was too dark to see anything beside trees, so I tried to focus on my hearing. All I heard was a scary silence. Why wasn't anyone coming to save me? Did he command them not to? Could he command them not to?

My thoughts were interrupted with my body being lifted into the air. My eyes widened, nearly falling out of their sockets. A hybrid, he was the hybrid! I'm sure my heart stopped for a second, even though I could hear it loudly, its beat pounding in my ears. Surely this was a dream? I shut my eyes in fear of being dropped to the cold, hard forest ground. Although, I would probably prefer being on the ground than in the air.

I suddenly fell into large, warm arms that wrapped around my body. It was him. I knew it was him before I dared to open my eyes. I shivered against his inhumanly warm body, clutching his broad shoulders for support.

"Open your eyes, baby."

His voice was soft, though it still had a manly drawl to it and was slightly gravelly.

'Baby.' It was way too early for that. Yet my heart was thumping against my ribcage. I was glad that I had dark skin or else I would have been blushing.

I went against my fear and opened my eyes slowly. I didn't dare look anywhere else than into his dark stormy eyes.

"You're beautiful." He groaned, leaning in and grunting against my trembling lips.

I gasped in fear when his eyes started to glow. He wasn't lying ... I was his! I couldn't finish processing the thoughts in my head because his plump lips crashed against mine. His rough warm lips were pressed firmly against mine, with no hint of movement. A lone tear escaped my eye and rolled down my cheek; I was too scared of him to enjoy the feel of his lips on mine.

Suddenly, he pulled away, shifting me in his arms. Then he wiped away my tear. His strong jaw clenched tightly before he apologized.

"I'm sorry," He whispered. "I didn't mean to scare you."

His glowing eyes held honesty and deep down I could feel it. I could feel his regret for scaring me. Though, that did nothing to calm my racing heart. Not only was I scared of him, but I was scared of what this all meant.

Would he take me away from my family? Would I have the same fate as his parents, who he murderously killed? Would he try and turn me into a hybrid?

All of these questions were going through my head and there was no other reaction or emotion I could be feeling apart from fear.

I moved around in his arms, indicating for him to let me down. I was embarrassed about my weight and the awkward silence after that kiss. I wasn't near skinny, but I wasn't obese either. I was happy with my size twelve and curvaceous body, but that didn't mean I wanted him to notice how heavy I was.

He set me on my feet, only to take hold of my left hand. He stared at me with an intense gaze, resulting in my heart to beat faster than before. The questions continued to swarm my thoughts. It was nearly becoming painful with each thump of my heart; my mouth became dry and I couldn't focus my eyes on his blurry figure. I clutched his forearms as my legs became weak, and not because of his sexy face or his god-like body. My body started to burn from the inside out.

"Genevieve!"

I could hear him calling my name more than once, each time he sounded further away.

I was having a panic attack, all the signs were there. I could feel him grab a hold of me again. His body heat wasn't doing anything good to my already burning temperature.

"Hot!" I exclaimed. "D-don't touch m-me!"

I felt like screaming but it came out as a weak whisper.

I could feel myself being lowered on to the forest ground. I felt a cold hand on my forehead and one on my chest. A moan escaped me from the sudden cool touch. His touch felt so good now. I could feel my heart calming down and the burning sensation was reducing by the second. Soon I could focus again and my breathing became normal.

"Everything is okay. You need to calm down."

He spoke those two words again, making my insides clench with an unfamiliar need. His eyes shifted from my face down the rest of my body, assessing the situation. I looked down too, to notice my wet clothes clinging onto my body like a second skin. I hurriedly wrapped my arms around my body as a shield from his eyes.

"Thank you ..." I said, pausing at the end because I didn't know his name.

"Remy Monroe."

I smiled mentally at his name. I liked it, it was also a first, meeting someone named Remy.

"You need to change out of your wet clothes before you get sick." He pointed out, rising to his full length which was about 6'7.

He stuck his large hand out for me to take, a small smile on his face. His friendly smile didn't help to clear my doubt about his intentions with me. He might have felt the pull of the mate bond but I didn't. The only thing I felt at that moment was scared and in some sense curious.

I pushed myself off of the ground, ignoring the frown that came over his face. We started walking back in the direction of the shop, complete silence between us. I looked over to him, taking in his features. He walked with confident long strides and his wide shoulders squared. He was in fact taller than most, towering over my 5'6 height. He had dark blonde hair that was almost brown, stormy grey eyes and a defined jawline.

He flashed a boyish smirk my way before turning his head straight again. He couldn't have known I was looking him over like a fat kid looks at chocolate. Mates weren't able to mind link, not vampires and not werewolves. I tried peeling my eyes from him but it was near impossible! His toned physique was drool worthy; even his muscles looked like they had muscles. And with a body like that me and you both know he has had his nice share of women. Sudden jealousy came over me. I hated the thought of him being with someone else.

"How do you go from turned on, to jealous, then to furious, in just mere seconds?"

I could practically see him grinning but I didn't want to confirm my thoughts by looking.

"I wasn't turne-" I began to defend myself, however was cut off when he placed me behind him using super speed.

I could feel the anger rolling off of him in waves. A loud growl erupted from him as he stood in front of me, shielding me from unknown danger. Fear crept up my spine when I heard the familiar sound of medal clicking. In seconds warriors and the fighters of the pack stood in front of us, aiming their weapons, ready to shoot.