Ch.17 The End For Now

I'll leave it alone. Enjoy

________

Ava felt the warmth of Maddox's hand on her lower back, as she lay atop of him, slender legs intertwined with muscular ones. Ava gently guided her hand through Maddox's dark hair, her nails massaging his scalp in a calming manor. Maddox couldn't seem to keep his own hands from Ava, as he let his fingertips linger on the smooth skin of her back, waist and up her sides.

Leaning up Ava pressed a soft kiss to Maddox's lips, the heat of the moment surrounding them like a safety bubble. Gently hiking Ava's thigh over his waist, Maddox slipped his hands on her shoulder blades, turning them so he was on top with Ava beneath him, their lips still pressed against each other.

The warm fireplace casted a soft glow over their moving bodies, the crackle of the burning wood barely audible over the soft moans, and whispers of the couple. Rocking his hips in a steady rhythm, Maddox cradled Ava's face as they continued to kiss.

This was what it was supposed to be like. Ava in Maddox's arms as they made sweet love to each other, kisses hotter than the ones before, thrusts deeper than the ones before. Everything about them made sense. With or without the mate bond, they had always belonged to each other. Maddox had always been the one for Ava, and Maddox had never loved anyone other than Ava.

"I love you, Maddox." Nothing sounded sweeter than the whisper that left Ava's pink lips, as she held onto Maddox, her fingertips pressing into the taught muscle of his back.

Maddox held Ava in his arms, kissing her lips, cheeks, her neck, and over his marking, as he began to push deeper into Ava, stealing more and more of her breath. Small hot puffs of air landed on Maddox's neck, Ava holding him close as she reached her high, swiftly biting into the crook of his neck. Maddox's hips rocked harder and faster into Ava, as he pulled them up, Ava perfectly settled in his lap. Holding the back of her head and one arm around her back, Maddox reached his own high.

"You're mine Ava." Maddox whispered, the glow from the fire allowing Ava to see tears in his hazel eyes."Tell me you love me, again and again."

Ava brushed her hand over Maddox's chest, over his jagged scars. Pressing her lips to the corner of his jaw, Ava whispered in his ear. "I love you, Maddox, and only you."

The remaining night was spent just as the past hours, sweet love making and soft whispers of love. The fire had gone out in the early morning, but neither Maddox nor Ava had been awake to witness it. The night had captured them in blissful hours of mating and just the reassurance that they had finally made it. They had finally come together and neither of them were regretting a second.

Between them, things had always been simple, never complicated. It was when other people entered the picture that things became difficult. Maddox's grandmother had been one of those people, Sebastian had been one of those people. But now that was over, because in the end Maddox awoke to Ava in his arms and that's all he could ask for. Nothing could be better than waking up with the person you love and knowing they love you just as much.

Single people could pretend all they wanted that they were happy being single, but deep down everyone craved the feeling of acceptance, happiness and love.

It was the soft moan of pain that jolted Maddox out of his sleep. His eyes adjusted quickly to the sunlight streaming through his living room window. Ava stood in front of the mirror that was on the wall behind the couch, barely holding the sheet up to cover her nude body.

Standing behind Ava, Maddox gently touched her shoulder when he met her scared eyes in the mirror. "We'll go see Levi, everything will be fine."

Ava nodded softly, but couldn't look away from her pitch black eyes, bloody gums where new fangs were puncturing through and the black veins around her eyes.

**

"It's her wolf gene kicking in. You're getting your wolf side, minus the wolf form. It should go away with time. Just feed regularly and keep both sides healthy." Levi said, leaning back onto the desk, arms crossed over his chest.

"You're such a daddy's girl." Maddox smiled softly, nudging Ava's shoulder with his own as they sat in the two chairs facing Levi.

"Can we leave?" Ava asked quietly, not comfortable with the new look she was forced to have for the time being.

"Yeah, just let me check your marking and a quick blood sample to check on the residue of the poison." Levi answered, before checking the mark Maddox had made, that had truly saved her life. His mark had awaken her wolf side, which in return made her stronger than she was before. She was now able to fight the poison with a force twice as strong.

"It looks a little red. Feeding should help." Levi informed, before getting the things ready to take a sample of Ava's blood. "Remy wanted to see you Maddox, welcome you to the family and all."

Maddox nodded his head, before softly kissing Ava's lips. "I'll see you tonight, my place."

"Wait, you're leaving? It's barely noon." Ava grasped the sleeve of Maddox's jacket, blushing at her needy actions. "I ... I thought we could spend more t-time together. Aren't we together?"

Maddox smiled at Ava's nervous demeanor. She had never been nervous when they were children. Kissing her cheek, Maddox traced her bottom lip gently. "We are, but if we act like your parents in your parents house, your dad might kill me."

Levi laughed, totally interrupting the moment, before apologizing and fumbling with the medical supplies.

Ava shook her head, but smiled anyway. It was weird seeing Maddox happy and smiling. As a child he had a famous half smile but never one like now, a real smile.

"I'll see you tonight." Ava agreed, wondering if it'd embarrass Maddox if she said I love you in front of Levi, but luckily she didn't have to think long.

"I love you." Maddox whispered, kissing Ava's forehead, before turning to Levi. "Don't worry we love you too."

"Ha ha. You are so funny." Levi said with obvious sarcasm.

Ava laughed, watching as Maddox left the room leaving her alone with Levi.

"I remember when you guys were kids and you'd always sneak away to your secret hideouts. Everybody knew you were mates even when you were just children." Levi reminisced, beginning to take the sample of Ava's blood.

"We're finally together and I can't imagine anything better than being with Maddox."

_______

The end. I hope I'll be able to continue the series one day. 10/3/2018 ❤️❤️❤️