Epilogue

_______________________

The secret to your love

I would place the treasure beneath my heart

Lock it all up,

And throw away the key

I would never give it up

___________________

UNEDITED

Six Months Later ...

"If something is wrong, you call me." Remy pressed his claws against Luke's chest just enough to remind him what happened last time.

"I swear on my life, if she even so much as burps, I'll call you." Luke assured.

"Come on Remy, she'll be fine with Noah and Luke. And my dads will be here in ten minutes." Genevieve said, watching the scene before her.

Remy huffed, pushing his claws into Luke's chest for extra measure. "You are so lucky, Genevieve's a forgiving person."

Luke bowed his head in submission and in pain. He knew he had done wrong. He knew he screwed up beyond repair, but he nor Genevieve wanted to give up the friendship they had.

Remy walked over to Noah, who held Ava in his arms. Remy kissed Ava's cheek as she peered up at him with those pale violet eyes. "Dada."

Remy's heart warmed at the sound of his daughter calling him. "Yeah, dada is leaving, but he and mama will be back before you know it."

Remy caressed her chubby cheek, before glancing at Noah. "Please, call me if anything is wrong."

"We will."

Remy nodded and walked over to Genevieve. Just as they were about to leave, Remy turned around again. "Do you know where everything is?"

Luke refrained from groaning. "Yes. Now go before you are late. Therapists are expensive and they don't wait forever."

Remy thought of the that morning as he and Genevieve had played peek-a-boo with Ava. He sent that mental imagine to Ava, making the little girl giggle.

Satisfied he placed his hand on Genevieve's lower back, before they left her parents house. They were seated in the car and on their way to their couples therapy session.

-

A month after Ava's birth, Remy thought it would be good for him and Genevieve if they had a therapy session every week. The first few weeks after Mary-Jane's death had been really hard for him, and he could feel Genevieve and his relationship suffering because of his closed-off behavior. He had never meant for her to feel less important. Genevieve and Ava would always mean the world to him. Without his two girls he didn't want to live.

Remy continued to shower Genevieve with love, even more so now that he had seen how easy it was to lose a person you love. It was twisted to say, but the death of his sister made him treasure every moment with his family more than he ever had.

Remy and Genevieve weren't perfect, but they were perfect for one another. They brought out sides in each other that no other person could. Regardless of their mate bond, Remy was sure they would have fallen for each other sooner or later.

In Remy's eyes Genevieve had grown so much in the last two years. She had gained a healthy amount of confidence. She was comfortable in her body. She initiated things between her and Remy. She stood up for herself on the rare occasion that they fought.

Genevieve had changed a nice amount over the time, but she hadn't changed too much that Remy felt he was engaged to whole different person.

The wedding was pushed back a few years. Genevieve and Remy had agreed that they wanted their wedding to be something Ava could remember. The couple was planning on five years, ten at the most. They weren't in a rush to get married because in their hearts they were already bound for life.