330th rank.

{Asher's Pov}

I read through the Dan Brown novel to pass my time as I waited in the too big a lobby for Leah and Zeus. Leah had called me to their huge castle like house as she and Zeus were practically alone with their parents having escaped to the cool relief of Switzerland as the sun grew stronger and harder with the humidity rising in toe.

"Asher dear, you needn't wait for Zeus here, you can go to his or Leah's room or even to one of the twin's rooms if you want to," Nina, Zeus's caretaker said smiling brightly at me while I sat in a straighter posture and with my legs kept touching to the ground in an uncomfortable manner. It wasn't for Nina cause she was a kind and laid back women but rather for the sake of not looking stupid or causing any trouble if there were any visitors who'd come by.

"Ma'am I'd like to but it would seem too... Umm intrusive of me...?" I said with a small unsure smile.

"Nonsense, you're like family Asher and you needn't feel so in the slightest. I can't imagine what made you think otherwise?" Nina replied with a mild chortle while I looked to my side in slight embarassment.

"Umm.. Okay..." I whispered.

"Oh dear... Cut down with the formality and fake snobbish behaviour, Master Dumas isn't around so you can be a normal human. As far as I'm concerned, I'd really like if you called me Nina." She added sitting beside me with a motherly glow on her. I chuckled at her remark and crossed my legs.

"So you've really been here since Mr. Dumas was a teen?" I aksed out of curiosity.

"Yes, I was hired as a gardener back then for Master Dumas's mother's private garden. We became friends right away and then she gave me the charge of the whole house after the previous matron passed away. Sadly Mrs. Dumas too left us shortly." Nina answered with a nostalgic smile on her face which seemed bittersweet.

"Hey ba.. I mean hey Ash," Zeus cooed as he walked in. I smiled at the fact that he corrected his words before addressing me while Nina quirked a brow at him while she got up to take his blazer.

"Hi," I said in a small voice while he pecked Nina on her cheek and muttered something in her ear which made her laugh and punch his arm lightly before she walked away telling me that she'd see me later.

While I observed Nina walk away, I couldn't help but think how inappropriate my skinny black jeans and simple white tee looked in the house.

"Why are you here?" Zeus asked me making me turn my head towards him and in turn heat rose to my cheeks as he took of his shirt. The nerve of this guy.

"I came to see Leah actually...." I replied looking anywhere but at the Greek god who I'm pretty sure was showing off his muscles deliberately.

"And I'm here." Leah announced with a cheery voice as she entered through the large door while unbraiding her hair.

"Can you be a sweetheart and come with me to my room?" She said rolling her eyes at a frowning Zeus.

"Since when are you two all buddy buddy?" He asked but Leah pulled me to my feet and dragged me inside the too large a living room before I could answer him.

"I'm sorry but I really need to use the loo," she whispered meekly while letting go of my arm as we turned in a peachy corridor on the second landing after climbing two sets of spiral staircases.

"It's okay, I could wait outside you know...."

"You could but I can't, it's not everyday that a guy I like comes to me to solve his problems related to the things I'm best at." She said giggling before letting me in her room.