Chapter 48: A Proposal

Olivia's POV:

The next few months were tough, but I felt better and better everyday. I started consolidation therapy and had appointments with a dietitian within the first few weeks of having the operation. It was important that my diet was consistent and healthy and that I ate foods that reduced the risk of the cancer returning. The consolidation therapy did drain me, but once I had recovered from each one, I felt stronger than I had before hand. 

I was receiving lots of support from my fans, and from others that weren't my fans. I received many letters and cards from people everyday that always made me smile. I always tried to follow the people that sent me cards or letters with their user names. There paps and news reporters were all getting involved in the affairs of my life. There were constant reports about rumours about me, my family and Niall. There were photos of me from before I went into hospital and of Niall coming and going from the hospital.

The day I got out of hospital was a slightly hectic departure. There were many fans there, but most of them were respectful, and tried to give me some space. It was the paps that were more invasive, trying to get their story or pictures. I just kept my head down as my parents led me out of the hospital, Niall at the rear. We got past all the people quickly and left soon after. My parents would be driving me home to the family home where a local dietitian would treat me along with therapists that were available if I needed them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nine months later and I was strong again. The cancer was under control and the operation worked. I still had regular check ups and the occasional therapy to make sure it was all fine for a while after the operation. It had been two weeks since I was officially declared cancer free. I celebrated with my family by going to my favourite restaurant in London. Niall had then taken me to another restaurant that I loved. The paps had crowded us as we left shouting questions and waving cameras in our face.

"Niall, Olivia, what's the occasion?" One man asked and I smiled.

"We're celebrating," I said smiling and we continued to walk.

"What's the good news?" Another asked and some asked if we were engaged but I ignored them.

"I was declared cancer free," I said and smiled brighter.

"Congratulations," Some of them said and I smiled and thanked them.

We kept walking towards Niall's car and he opened the door for me before getting into the drivers seat and driving away from the flashing cameras.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been a year since I was declared cancer free and I'm still going strong. I look after myself a lot more and have check ups more than the normal person, but it's worth it. I have the occasional therapy, but it's not very strong so I generally feel fine afterwards.

It has been a very busy year for me and Niall. Him and the boys released an album just before Christmas, and I released one soon after. I had spent a lot of time writing while I was sick and after I was better, I got straight back to recording. I finally did a European tour for my first album, and we are hoping that a world tour will be possible now that the next album has been released. I made sure that we didn't just go to Europe, North America and Australia as I also wanted to see my fans in South American, Asia and a couple of African countries as well if there was enough demand.

Niall and I have been together for just over two years and we have been serious for a while. Of course we argue sometimes, but we always work it out and were stronger from it. I know now that I want to be with Niall forever, but I also told him I wouldn't get married until being with someone for at least four years. He was being cheeky at the time and said we could still get engaged before four years and then get married after that time, but I just rolled my eyes. I know he is the type who would propose as soon as he knows someone is the one, but I am the type that waits. However, I wouldn't say no to engagement before four years of being together, as I do know I want to marry him in the end.