Chapter 3: Signing With Syco *EDITED*

Olivia's POV:

"Ok, why do you not want to sign with Syco?" Zayn asked starting off the conversation.

"I don't know. I guess the main reason is that I freeze up if I perform in front of people, even my family. I just get too nervous and scared. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of loads of people. If I was successful, I don't really want to be in the limelight all the time and have people constantly knowing what I do or say," I said.

"Ok and why would you want to sign with Syco?" Zayn asked.

"Because I love to sing and perform, and I think if I got over my fear of performing in front of other people, I would enjoy music a lot more than any other job. I want to do something worth while and that I love and that can send a message, help, and inspire people," I said.

"Well an answer to the negatives list is like you said, you will have people that can help you feel more comfortable performing in front of people. You can start performing in front of friends and family and then you can more onto bigger crowds. Syco will help with that, and we are here if you need advice. I know how it feels to be someone who doesn't like to be in the limelight, but as long as you have those who love you around to support you, you'll be able to cope," Zayn said.

"You wont embarrass yourself. From what we saw, you are an great singer, musician and writer. We all had setbacks with X Factor, not getting through as soloists and not winning the final. I mean, I didn't get through as a soloist twice but I learned from it and used it to my advantage. We became a group and now we are stronger because of it. Everyone fails sometimes but that makes you human and if you embrace the setbacks, then you can learn from them and become a better person and be better at what you do. You will always have people to catch you if you fall," Liam said. I smiled at him, thanking him silently.

"We know it is hard always having people knowing your business and having them constantly in your face. Having people know what is happening in your life but it is not always that bad, you can get away from it. We did today. It may be hard but it is amazing knowing that you have so many people that love and support you, and that you have connected millions of people from around the world together through music. It is a great feeling. You will always have people to talk to and for support if it gets hard. We know what it's like so we can help you if you need it," Niall finished and I smiled.

"Thank you guys, thank you so much," I said and they all nodded at my thanks.

I didn't know what else to say as they had just erased all my fears and made me feel so much better. For once in my life, I felt completely comfortable. I trusted what they were saying and started to consider Simon's initial offer more seriously.

"I think I have decided on what I want to do, as long as Simon is still offering," I said.

"Of course he is, he's not going to let you go that easily," Harry said. The rest of the car ride was filled with small conversations, lots of laughs, and stupid comments.

Once we got back to the studio, there was still a small group of girls by the gates. Luckily, they didn't notice it was Liam who was talking to the security guard in the booth and he let us through quickly. Liam drove round the back car park and we went through the back door so the girls wouldn't see them walking in.

We walked back through the corridors but went upstairs instead, but I assumed the boys knew where we were going.

"Someone think of an explanation for us all being soaked, quick," Louis said and we all laughed. We kept walking until the boys stopped outside a large meeting room. Harry knocked on the door and we were told to enter.