Chapter 33: Breaking up? *EDITED*

Olivia's POV:

A lot happened over the next few days. We all celebrated Perrie and Zayn's engagement at a fancy restaurant. Niall and I went on our second date. Niall and I decided to go sight seeing around New York. We saw all the different attractions of New York including the 9/11 memorial. There were fans around who we took some pictures with and a few paps taking photos. But that all changed when we got to Times Square. By this point we had over a hundred fans following us and many paps yelling questions. We had a bodyguard with us because they thought something like this may happen but I never thought it would.

"Please can everyone step back now," the security guard yelled but no one listened to him.

"I've called for a car but I don't know how long it will be, just try to take pictures with people so that they leave," the guard said to us and we nodded.

"Hey, are you two dating? Are you lying to everyone, are you together?" all the paps shouted.

"No we're not please leave us alone," Niall shouted back and I gasped.

"What?" I asked to him and he looked at me shocked.

"I thought we agreed to act like a normal couple now," I said to him but he didn't answer.

At that moment the car came and the security ushered us into the car with the crowd still around us. We hopped into the car and I sat next to the furthest window and Niall sat by me putting his arm around me but I pushed him off and he looked at me surprised.

"What?" he said.

"You told them we weren't together, are you ashamed of me or something?" I asked him coldly.

"No of course not, I was trying to get them off our backs," he said.

"Then why not tell them the truth so they don't keep asking?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I thought saying no was the best thing to say," he said.

"Well it wasn't, we agreed that we would tell people next time you were asked. I want people to know, I thought you did too but evidently I was wrong," I said.

"I do want to tell people," he said.

"Are you sure, are you sure you aren't just telling me all this stuff about going public. Are you sure you are not ashamed of me!" I said angrily raising my voice.

"No I love you, and I want everyone to know!" he shouted.

"Then why are you still hiding it!" I yelled back.

"I thought that was the best thing to say," he said looking down ashamed.

"Then maybe we shouldn't be together if you think that's best," I said sadly.

"No please, I'm so sorry, I just made a mistake," he said looking at me.

"A mistake that makes me look like an idiot. How do I know you really do care? How do I know this isn't all a lie and you'd rather be dating someone else?" I said calmly.

"I don't know, but I will prove it to you," he said.

"I hope so because I don't want to live with all the speculation anymore," I said.

The rest of the car journey back was silent and I walked straight to Harry and Katie's room where they were both sitting on the bed watching TV together.

"Hey Liv what's up," Katie said.

"I need to talk to you alone," I said looking at Harry.

"Oh, I'll be going then," he said hopping up and walking out the door.