Chapter 43: The Accident

Olivia's POV:

I spent the next few weeks writing and enjoying my free time. The boys were already busy with rehearsals for the tour and I had gone along to watch a couple of times. I had also hung out with the boys when they had breaks. I had met up with El and Dani as well and we went bowling. Katie was busy with uni and Perrie with Little Mix so I hadn't seen them, but I had talked to Katie a couple of times on the phone as she wanted advice on what to get Harry for his birthday which was coming up in about a month.

It was now the middle of January and still very cold. Niall had a day off today so we had decided we would go shopping. Liam was also coming along. Niall had told me Liam was feeling happier again after he started talking more with an old friend of his from school. Niall hadn't met her but from what Liam had said, she sounded nice to him. Niall drove us to Liam's in the car and we waited for a few minutes before he came out of his apartment building and got in the back.

"He Li, how are you?" I asked smiling.

"I'm great, and you." He replied and I responded in a similar way.

Niall drove to the shopping center and I took a picture while he was driving of me in the foreground, Liam in the background and Niall driving in the edge of the picture. Me and Liam did duck faces while Niall was laughing but focusing on driving. I posted it to Instagram and twitter saying I was going shopping with them.

We got to the shopping center and parked in the multistory car park before getting out and walking into the shopping center. We looked in a couple of shops, including several shoe shops and one that just sold snapbacks. Niall had brought several snapbacks, but there was a pair that made me smile and laugh at his mushyness. One said 'his' and the other said 'hers'. He handed me the one that said 'his' and put on the one said 'hers' before indicating I should do the same. I laughed by obliged and adjusted my hair underneath the hat. 

We then went to a music store and looked at some of the CDs and films that they had. I had noticed by now that there were a couple of paparazzi outside the shop taking photos, and several fans where in the shop pointing cameras at us but at a fair distance away from us.

"Guys, I know there's not loads of fans or paps, but I can't help feeling this might get out of hand." Niall said cautiously looking at me and Liam and I agreed with him looking back over at the fans and then the paparazzi, who had now been surrounded by some more fans.

"Maybe we should call someone to, you know, come and sort things out if need be." I said and Liam nodded taking his phone out of his pocket and calling a security guard.

"Ok, he said to just act normal and go about our normal plans and just avoid them and don't hang around and let them crowd us. Some security will be along soon to make sure nothing gets out of hand." He said and we both nodded before paying for our items and then making out way to leave the store.

As we approached the glass doors, screams permeated the surrounding areas at an almost deafening pitch. Flashes began and the lights felt as though they were getting stronger. Many fans were also taking photos or videos as we tried to make out way out of the doors and through the crowd to carry on with shopping. We couldn't go back into the shop as that may cause problems and damage for the shop owners. The paparazzi weren't allowed to go into the shops, but the fans could, and there was a lot more of them than paps.

"What should we do." I said loud enough for the others to hear but not many other people.

"Just walk." Liam muttered to me and I nodded following Liam with Niall behind me.

The crowds moved with us and we were now fully surrounded. Even more people had now turned up and they were all pushing inwards to get closer to us. The paps were shoving and jostling both us and fans to get their photos, and fans were all trying to get good photos of or with us. I kept looking down at the ground trying to follow Liam who's arm I was now holding onto. I also felt Niall behind me and felt slightly more secure in all this mess.