Chapter 1- New York To Los Angeles

All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2014 ©

All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of the author (hidden_shadows98).

***************************************

I take in my surroundings with renewed interest, trying to capture everything so that I would have a memory of this place when I move to Los Angeles. The red brick buildings and bustling car park isn't the most 'picture perfect' view but it held a lot of memories. I could remember my three best friends and I standing in this very spot looking up at Jackson High school with apprehension, on the first day of our freshman year. Now two years later, I stood alone wishing that I could spend my junior year here with my friends. Strange how our views change, isn't it?

Sighing quietly to myself I walk towards the front doors prepared to face the wrath of my best friends, who still didn't have any idea that I'm moving to Los Angeles in two days. Let the fun begin.

As usual the three hung around the courtyard sitting on the place that had undoubtedly become 'our' bench in the past three years. I fumble with my bag straps as I take a seat next to Michelle.

"Mia, hi!" she wraps her arms around my neck and squeezes, causing me to gasp for breath before she was pulled off me by Julia.

"No need to freaking squeeze her to death Elle, jeez" and with a roll of her green eyes she pulls me into a hug. I laugh slightly at the their antics but return the hug anyway.

"So where's the third musketeer?" I ask them interrupting their talks of the Winter Dance, the one that I wouldn't be attending. I couldn't afford to lie to them about that so my only option was a quick topic diversion.

"He was here somewhere, probably off with his jock friends" Michelle brushes it off, completely uninterested.

"Actually I was just waiting for Mia to drag herself to school so I could do this" I don't get a chance to spin around because before I know it, two strong arms are wrapping themselves around my waist and pulling me up into the air. He spins me around-twice before placing me back on the ground his laughter echoing in the courtyard and attracting the attention of some freshman nearby. No doubt they were admiring the view - Alex may be one of my best friends but there was no denying his good looks. Brown locks and warm brown eyes, he was a guy that could manage to attain quite a few girlfriends and if his relationship history is anything to go by, then he definitely has had more than his fair share of girls.

"Hilarious Alex" I mutter straightening my top, he shrugs off my sarcasm and strikes up a conversation with Julia. For a second there, I captured a mental picture trying to store this memory. I glance around in confusion noticing that red haired Michelle was no where to be found and while Julia and Alex also noticed they made no effort to find her.

I shrug off her absence despite the fact that this had been happening way too many times these past few weeks. All too soon the bell for first period rang and I groan knowing that by end of this day there will be no way that I could hide the fact that I'm moving from them anymore.

The first three periods flew by in record time and before I knew it I was standing in the court yard waiting for my three best friends to arrive.

"Hey Amelia, what's up with all the books" Alex asks as he plops down beside me, apple in hand.

"Uh, I think I'll wait 'till the others are here before I tell you" I mutter nervously. He casts me a curious look no longer chomping down on his apple as he peers at me closely. I shrink back slightly, knowing that if he's stopped eating then this is serious. His brown eyes peer at me closely and I shrink under their scrutiny.Alex and I grew up together, what with our parents being best friends since college and since we are only a couple of months apart we've spent our whole lives together. Alex knows me like the back of his hand which is made this all the more harder.