Chapter Ninety-Seven

~Ashton~

I set down my things and walked towards the pool. I was going swimming, at some different pool that is much bigger and just simply better than the one I normally go to. There weren't much people. I just wanted to chill. Today we all went back to school. It was pretty tiring.

I swam around and then I decided to relax, I stood in the corner of the pool. I looked around, and my heart fluttered at the sight of Cassie, she was the lifeguard.

Remember at Fraser Island where I had a small problem and Cassie helped Jade? That was her. I've been thinking about her lately, honestly.

I swam towards her and looked up at her sitting on the high chair.

"Cassie," I called out and she looked around until her eyes met mine. Her eyes widened and she said,"Hey! How are you?"

"Great. Thanks for what happened at Fraser Island," I smiled.

"It's okay, my job is a lifeguard as you can see," she said.

"To thank you, would you let me take you out somewhere later today?" I asked.

"My shift isn't over until an hour."

"I'll wait an hour." She nodded.

I was really glad and I felt so lucky I saw her again, and I would be spending time with her.

"This is the best frozen yogurt place," I remarked pulling in the parking lot in front of a local yogurt place a family ran.

"Hopefully you aren't lying," she chuckled.

"I may let you know I don't lie very much. I think lying is a terrible thing and I'm an honest person," I smirked.

"I'll see about that," she smirked as we walked inside. It was a small place, it was nearly empty, and music was playing softly.

"May I take your order?" the young man behind the desk asked looking directly at Cassie's chest. It made me angry.

"You should get the-"

"Would you like to try our twix flavored ice cream? It's here for a limited time, today's the last day actually. I guarantee you'll like it," he interrupted me not taking his eyes off of her chest, she didn't seem to notice, or maybe she doesn't care.

"Yeah-" I interrupted Cassie.

"Can we have two of the twix flavored ones?" I asked. I just wanted to get it over with.

"Yes. Would you like a side of my number?" he asked Cassie.

"I-" again, I interrupted her.

"Just go get us our damn ice cream or i'll go get the manager," I snapped. He nodded and hurried away.

Cassie burst out laughing. "What?" I asked.

"What was that all about?" she asked. I honestly didn't know.

"It was disrespectful. He was looking at your boo- chest. He was looking at your chest, that's rude," I quickly said. She smirked.

"What?"

"Here are your twix ice cream. Please enjoy it," he said handing them over to us.

"Are you sure you don't want my number?" he added.

"Sorry, you seem like a douche," she said and he looked disappointed.

"What? Would you rather date that guy next to you wearing that ugly ass pony shirt? Because I know for a fact that you wouldn't." I was about to respond but Cassie beat me to it.