Chapter Ninety-Six

~Jade~

"I'm so sorry about that," Liz sniffed.

"I- it's okay. I should go now."

"Can you drive me to my house? Luke drove me here and I don't think he should drive me back," Stephanie muttered.

"Yeah, sure." I felt like Stephanie was really changing. She didn't have the cold look on her face. Just by looking at her, she seemed different but not necessarily happy.

"Have a good day. I am so sorry," Liz said.

"It's okay," I said. It won't be happening again.

I was driving and neither of us didn't say anything.

"You're pale, I'm sorry about what happened," Stephanie remarked.

"It's okay. I should've not been surprised," I choked the words out and I tried to keep myself from crying.

"Park right there," she said pointing to a parking lot.

"Why-"

"Please." I sighed and did as she had told me to. I turned the engine off and just sat there.

"I wanted go talk to you," she said. I just nodded.

"I'm so sorry about that-"

"It wasn't your fault," I mumbled.

"Not about that, everything. I've been such a bitch, a whore, slut, hoe, any insult you can think of. I never really loved Luke. We talked about this before but I feel so bad."

"It's okay, everyone deserves a second chance. I forgive you. But Luke doesn't have another chance," I muttered looking out thy window.

"I can't make you forgive him and I won't, not because I want Luke for myself but because I know how they bullied you and that it was a daily thing for you to get bullied. After Luke tells you he loves you he is tempted to do it again. Its sad that Liz never knew all these years and I have no clue why Luke did it. He may have anger issues but I don't get why he can be violent." I knew exactly why. Gerard.

"Yeah. I don't want to have to go through it. I mean, I bet he will always be like that, he won't change. I don't know if I can see us together in the future." I really meant it. It wasn't going to be Liz and Gerard all over again. It wasn't going to happen. I don't want to get hurt. I love him but I won't be like Liz and stay.

"Really? I mean it could work, if you try."

"I'd rather not risk myself. Im not going to tolerate this. Im not going to be his puppet. He's hurt me enough anyways."

Enough is enough.

~Luke~

I still couldn't process what I had just done. I really need help. I need to talk to Jade.

Maybe she's scared of me.

My mum walked outside and she sat on the swing next to mine. I didn't look at her. I could only hear my heavy breathing.

"Luke, I- why?" she asked and her eyes were watering. It made me feel worse that she was crying.

"I didn't mean to," I choked the words out and I started to sob.

"Luke, you know how it feels. You know it. I suffered and so did you."

"I know. I just- I wasn't thinking."

"Why? Why did you bully her? If she wanted to she could call the police on you! You could go to jail!"

"I took my anger out on her, okay?! I regret it!"