Chapter Forty-Six

~Jade~

"No, Kellin is just a really good friend."

"Okay, whatever you say, Jadelynn," Johnny said unsurely.

~Ashton~

"So are you showing up at my party Friday?" Ricky asked.

"I wanted to go trick-or-treating," I pouted.

"You can still go. It starts at 10:30 p.m. Just make sure your costume looks nice," Ricky shrugged.

"Can I take a friend?" Chris asked.

"Of course! The more people, the better," Ricky shrugged. I guess I will ask Jade to come with me.

"Good thing your parents don't really mind as long as you are responsible," Chris said.

"Yeah," Ricky said taking a sip of his soda.

My phone vibrated. Luke.

"Who is it?" Ricky asked.

"Nobody," I said.

Luke:

Sorry I know you're busy but can we talk sometime soon?😁

Why did he want to talk?

Me:

Why? Look, just bc I visited u that doesn't mean anything.😒

Luke:

Please???????????????????😩

Me:

Fine! I will call you later😒

Luke:

Okay😀

Me:

If I don't beat ur ass ur lucky

I meant it. If he says something rude or talks shit I won't hesitate to crack his skull open.

Luke:

Oh really? Cool I guess. Jade cannot be there btw😁😞

Me:

Okay then whatever. Just stop texting me you fucker t._.t

Luke:

Ok............

Me:

t*-*t

Luke:

Damn

I ignored the last text.

The thing is, I wasn't going to call him back. There is nothing we need to talk about.

"Bye, Kellin," Jade told Kellin and she walked to my car. She sat down and we greeted each other.

"Do you want to go to a party Friday night after we go trick-or-treating?" I asked her.

"I don't know...."

"Don't worry, Luke isn't going to be there with his friends. Ricky is throwing it and Kellin will be there for sure."

"Okay. What are you dressing up as?"

"I think I'm gonna be a pirate. Not a lame one, though. What about you?"

"I think I might want to be.... I don't know. Should I wear my corpse bride costume?" she asked.

"If you want. It's probably really cool. Kellin showed me the selfies you took with him and your makeup was sweet."

"I guess I'll be a corpse bride," she smiled.

~Luke~

It was about time Ashton was out of class and he hasn't called back. I was loosing my patience.

Calum and Michael had left to go back home so their parents would think they were at school.

I called him three times and I ended up in his voicemail.

I left my house and drove to Ashton's.

I knocked on his door and Lauren opened it.

"Hey, Luke. What brought you here?"

"Is Ashton home?" I asked.

"No..... he moved out. Didn't he tell you?" What? Why didn't I know about this?

"Since when?"

"Like a month ago. Do you want his address?"

"Yes, please."

She soon came back with a post-it that had his address on it.

"Thank you," I said and walked away.

I knocked on Ashton's door and I heard laughter inside his apartment.

"I'm coming!" I heard Ashton yelled. The door opened and Ashton's expression was unreadable.

"What do you want?" Ashton groaned.

"You said we could talk and you never called me back."

"Ash, who is it?!" someone asked.

"Ricky, I have to talk to someone! Call Kellin and tell him we'll be a few minutes late!" Ashton yelled.

"Got it!"

Ashton closed the door behind him and we stood in the hallway.

"Are you not going to let me inside?" I asked.

"Why? Im not going to let you talk for a long time. What do you need?"

"Look, I know you and Jade are not cool with me and I decided to keep my distance and its the best for us but its been killing me-"

"Why is it best? She loves you for gods sake! Jesus, Luke. Do you not feel the same way?"

"I love her! I just.... I made a deal with Calum and Mi-"

"Did you fucking make a bet to become friends with her?" Ashton gritted through his teeth.

"No! Let me finish!"

"They told me they would leave her alone if I returned to them! If Im friends with Jade, they will abuse her. I can't let her be treated like shit. I miss her. Do you have any idea how much I love her?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know this was the case. But what can I do? Jade wanted distance before you completely stopped talking," Ashton sighed.

"What? Why?"

"Well, she saw you and Stephanie making out at the party you went to a while ago."

"What? Stephanie kissed me, I didn't kiss her back!"

"She said she doesn't want to be in the friendzone with you."

"But I love her," I mumbled.

"Then you can't give up, Luke."

"Thanks, Ash," I smiled.

"I will help you get her back. But you can't tell her," Ashton smiled and I hugged him.

------------------------------------

(A/N) Awww you go Luke!

Next chapter will be better I promise!

ily :) xx