Chapter Eighteen

Jades' POV
__________

I was in English and Luke wasn't here. I was getting really worried.

I still want and explanation about what happened last time when Luke was at my house. Why did he say what he said?

It kept relaying in my head.

Was it supposed to mean something important?

I was now in history and I was glad Calum wasn't sitting next to me. He kept looking at me and I knew something was up.

At the end of class he came up to me and I flinched.

"Jade! How are you? Did you enjoy yesterday?" he asked. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to say yes or no.

"I don't know."

"Why don't we do it again? Then you'll have an answer," he said crossing his arms.

"Get to your next class," Mrs.Williams said. I nodded and walked away.

I sat at my lunch table and I was alone again. I decided to skip and go to the library. When I arrived, I immediately sat down and looked through some books. Entertaining ones like world record books and things like that.

I was pretty hungry but I didn't want to face them.

Time flew by quickly and the bell rung. I went to my study hall and I was glad the Michael and Calum weren't sitting near me. They were talking quietly trying to not get caught the whole class.

Then I had gym.

"Are you okay?!" I heard Mr.Bates ask as I laid on the guess with my eyes closed.

"Mmhmmm," I said slowly opening my eyes. Everyone was standing near me and Michael had a smirk on his face.

"Do you need to go to the nurse?" he asked.

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay, but you can change and then sit out on the bleachers," he said helping me up.

I walked to the locker room.

We were playing soccer and Michael had the ball and he "accidentally" kicked the ball towards me face. My face and head hurt but I didn't want to go to the clinic.

I headed back to the bleachers and I sat there for the remainder of class.

I then had math and I was out of school after that.

I rushed out of the building and ran to Ashton's car.

We greeted each other and he drove me to his apartment.

"My drums are in here now," he said as he closed the door.

"Sweet! So it doesn't bother neighbors?"

"Nope. I kinda wish I stayed with my mum. This is too much work especially with the drums. I think it would be better practicing in a garage. Im taking it to her house later," he said.

"You're just making more work for yourself!" He just laughed.

"Want to go skating?" He asked.

"Okay," I said.

We were skating in the rink and there weren't much people. We were taking a break and Ashton brought Luke up.

"Is something wrong? Is it about Luke?" He asked leaning back into the chair.

"Yes," I sighed. He raised his eyebrow wanting some details.

"That day that you didn't take me to school, Luke was at my house when I was dropped off by you and he ate dinner with my mum and I. He then snapped at me when I asked him why he was so moody and he said that I should get to know him more. Oh and he was a little shy and awkward around my mum and I told him I've never seen that side of him and he said that there are many things I don't know about him. He then left angry. Then yesterday in English we didn't talk but at the end of class he told me he'd see me at lunch and he never showed up. He didn't even show up to science. Or today. Im just wondering why he disappeared and why he hasn't told me anything," I sighed. I made sure to leave out the stuff that happened in the janitors closet.

"Luke is very strange," Ashton said.

"Yeah," I agreed.

Lukes' POV
__________

I finally had my phone and now that Jade should be out of school, I called her. She didn't answer. I tried again and I ended up in her voicemail.

I called Ashton. Maybe she's with him.

"Luke? Hey, what's up?"

"Hey, Ash," I said.

"So now you have a nickname for me? How sweet!" He laughed.

"Yeah, yeah," I said rolling my eyes even though he couldn't see.

"Is Jade with you? I was calling her a few minutes ago and she wouldn't pick up."

"Yeah. Jade, it's Luke," he whispered.

"Luke?"

"Jade! Sorry I haven't seen you..... I'm suspended. I got suspended right before lunch yesterday and I wasn't allowed on my phone yesterday and I'm grounded so I didn't have a way to reach you."

"It's fine."

"Well, I just wanted to apologize. Also I want to apologize for the way I acted at your house."

"It's okay, really."

"No it isn't. I need to explain but I don't want to. At least yet," I said.

"I have to go. But please pick up when I'm calling you," I chuckled.

"I will. Oh and sorry, I had my phone on silence so I didn't notice you calling."

"I forgive you. Bye," I said and ended the call.

I was dreading the moment of having to explain my actions from a few nights ago. Its something that isn't easy.

-----------------------------------
(A/N) Sorry this is short. I wrote this in a rush...

Thank you for getting me to 1K reads! I honestly thought I would never get there hah. I love you all! Even the ghost readers! :)

Please VOTE and COMMENT!

ily :) xx