Chapter Twenty-Five

Jades' POV

___________

"Jade, are you okay?" I heard a voice say while shaking me awake. I opened my eyes and my face felt hot. I was crying. I wasn't okay.

It was just a dream.

"I-I don't know," I choked the words out as Ashton hugged me tightly.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Ashton asked rubbing my back. I nodded. "Please tell me what it was about," he pressed pulling away looking into my eyes. I nodded. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

I told him everything. I started from yesterday to now. Ashton hugged me tighter and tighter as I kept telling him.

"Jade, I would never do that. Maybe you have been told that that I hate all this, and I do. But not you. I hate the way they treat you but it doesn't change my opinion of you. If Luke bully's you again, I don't know what to think of him. He clearly said he wasn't going to do that anymore and I thought we had built something as friends. I will beat the shit out of him if I have to. You need to rest. If you want, I can make you some tea or I can get you a cup if milk."

"No, I'm fine. What time is it?"

"4:09 in the morning."

"Sorry for waking you up," I said laying down.

"Don't worry. If you need anything, just wake me up."

"Mhhmmmm," I said and drifted to sleep.

Ashtons' POV

____________

Jade was finally asleep and I quietly got out of bed. I left my bedroom and carefully closed the door behind me. I turned the light on and it took me a while for my eyes to adjust to it.

I walked to the living room and to the sofa right where Jades' book bag was. I unzipped it and searched through it. After a while, I found what I was looking for.

A blade.

When Jade was telling me her dream, she mentioned a blade that she kept in her book bag for emergencies. Has she cut recently?

It made me upset to think that she broke the promise. I wouldn't know how to handle it.

I gabbed the blade and put it behind a picture frame. I can't stand a blade being near her. I know how it's like. I used to cut myself and it would be tempting all the time. I've now passed that time of my life and I'm trying to help Jade.

I felt the need to go to Luke and ask him a few things but, I didn't want to make things worse for Jade.

I turned the light off and walked back to my room. I grabbed her phone and turned her alarm for school off and I did the same to mine. I didn't want Jade to go to school. She doesn't need the bullshit she's very likely going to get if she does go.

I laid down in my bed next to Jade. I soon went to sleep.

Jades' POV

____________

I woke up and I could smell bacon and eggs. Ashton wasn't beside me. Wait. My alarm didn't go off. I quickly grabbed my phone and checked the time. 10:51 a.m! Oh god, I'm late for school! I ran out the room and saw Ashton cooking.

"Ashton! Im late for school, and you're supposed to be-" Ashton cut me off. "Relax," he laughed. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Just go with the flow. I don't want you to go to school today. I already called the school to say that you wouldn't be there because you are sick. Here, I made breakfast," he said handing me a plate with eggs and bacon.

"Thanks, you're very sweet."

"I know."

We ate and talked about a variety of topics. All of a sudden, Ashton zoned out. I kept asking him if he was okay and he said he was. But I knew something wasn't okay.

Ashton randomly got up and walked towards a picture frame. He grabbed something and put it behind his back. He sighed and walked towards me.

"Why do you have this?" he asked showing me the object in his hand.

My blade.

---------------------------------------

(A/N) Sorry for the short chapter! I felt like updating.

Please VOTE and COMMENT!

ily :) xx